Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft .net 2 framework discontinued by vendor
I use Secunia PSI updater and it states that I have two programs that need manual updates but when I click on the update button it opens up the attached message stating that these programs are discontinued by vendor . The programs are MS .net framework 2.x and .net framework 2.x. The message states to uninstall these two programs but They are not listed in my install/uninstall list. How do I uninstall them and do I need them so my operating system works properly? I have Windows 7 Home Premium as my OS.
Thanks
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Roger

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Roger B,

Firstly, please could you post your system specs using the following links:
How to Find Your Full System Specs Using Speccy
How to Get System Information for Diagnostics and Troubleshooting

Secondly, the latest .net framwork is .Net Framework 4, please download and install it from the link below:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=17718

Kind Regards

RECdevicehelper

I would leave them be they won't cause any harm and you may come across a legacy peripheral which requires it.

I think Secunia is very buggy I would leave it well alone

no need to uninstall net framework

Yeah, I wouldn't uninstall it, could cause a lot issues in the future. But Roger B I would still suggest you try my suggestion and update it, a very old version, don't know if it is as old as Brian though LOL Big Grin

(04-08-2017, 08:09 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  Hi Roger B,

Firstly, please could you post your system specs using the following links:
How to Find Your Full System Specs Using Speccy
How to Get System Information for Diagnostics and Troubleshooting

Secondly, the latest .net framwork is .Net Framework 4, please download and install it from the link below:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=17718

Kind Regards

RECdevicehelper

Hi RECdevicehelper;
I have attached my PC specs as you requested. I do have .net framework 4.6.2 installed on my PC. I updated it last week. Is that the most current version I should have installed? Also Should I be using an updating program on my PC? Compton suggests I stay away from Secunia because it is very buggy. I don't understand why it was telling me that the .net framework 2.x was discontinued by the vendor and to delete it. I'm beginning to think that Compton is correct because I just opened Secunia and it is telling me that all of my programs are up to date and earlier it was still telling me that those two .net framework programs needed updating. Also one more question. I am not getting Gmail notifications from your forum on my help requests. Is there something I should activate on this site to get those?
BTW. Loved your comment about Bryan. Wink

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:I do have .net framework 4.6.2 installed on my PC. I updated it last week. Is that the most current version I should have installed?
yes.

Quote:Also Should I be using an updating program on my PC?
no need. Just update each program as and when you use it (check for updates).

Quote:I am not getting Gmail notifications from your forum on my help requests. Is there something I should activate on this site to get those? 
I don't think it works that way if at all, at least it's never worked for me in the past.

(04-10-2017, 05:38 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  
Quote:I do have .net framework 4.6.2 installed on my PC. I updated it last week. Is that the most current version I should have installed?
yes.

Quote:Also Should I be using an updating program on my PC?
no need. Just update each program as and when you use it (check for updates).

Quote:I am not getting Gmail notifications from your forum on my help requests. Is there something I should activate on this site to get those? 
I don't think it works that way if at all, at least it's never worked for me in the past.

GuiltySpark;
Thank you very kindly for your assistance as well as everyone else's. It is greatly appreciated.

No worries mate Wink

you can use patch my pc works will for updating programs  Patch My PC