Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My wifi adapter crashes my computer
When I install my add in WiFi adapter Encore ENLWI-G2 my compaq computer restarts after getting to the desktop to install the driver and just goes into a continuous loop. But there's no bsod just a restart. So I tried the WiFi adapter in my dell dimension 5150 when it came time to login it was just a black screen and showed my mouse that took place for 20 minutes until I turned off the computer.

Compaq specs: https://speccy.piriform.com/results/PwzPr0AqHKhoC7USaWV3aUU

Hi Smirk24,

Firstly before we begin, please backup any important data, as this is the most important thing you should do before beginning any type of repair.

Secondly, what solutions have you tried to resolve this issue? Just so we don't give you solutions that you have tried already.

Thirdly,
  • Where did you find/download the driver from?
  • Did you use the same driver for both machines? (Compaq computer and dell dimension 5150)
  • Have you tried Safe Mode?

Kind Regards

RECdevicehelper

I would boot windows 7 start up and retore system before wifi driver was install

I would stay far away from that wifi card its clean it broken

My computers are working great its just when I have the add in WiFi adapter is when the problem takes place so I have it out of my my systems right now.

I installed the adapter after windows was installed.

When I get to the desktop the device manager kicked in and started installing the driver automatically and when the driver was done installing my computer would restart without any notice. After it got passed the post screen it says windows was not shut down properly and gives a bunch of options including start windows normally

I think its best you replace the card because it very out of date

even the manufacturer website is down meaning you can't get any drivers for it

No drivers at all? I suppose its back in the xp and vista prime days huh lol?

Alright well thank you guys we can close the thread

well when I try to go too  manufacturer   website its down

ENLWI-G2

even more if you go too the amazon and read reviews its bad

Encore ENLWI-G2

Yeah, I would agree, Replace it!!!

Would you like I us to help you find a good one for you?

I appreciate the offer but im all tapped out for a bit. thank you guys for your help we can close the thread Smile

Alright then,

Thread Closed