Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acer Aspire All-In-One With No Display
Wow a tough one, even for the legendary Larry LOL Big Grin
It might be the GPU! Is it a Laptop or Desktop. If it is Laptop, replace motherboard, That will replace onboard GPU as well. (But I am sure you knew that already Big Grin) If is a Desktop, Try swapping it.
But yeah test the memory first, also make sure you clean the dust fromthe whole system, I have had experience, where dust will stop the computer from loading altogher

Rec its all  Acer Aspire Z3-605 All-In-One PC Acer Aspire Z3-605

yes it could be a bad gpu but its integrated  if it  is would i have  to replace the  motherboard  

remove the memory see if you will get any display if its not the memory its the motherboard

my bet is on the motherboard Larry don't believe what acer have to say how could it be driver or hard drive when you get no display at all

if you are getting some kinda display then I would say yes maybe  

Have you tried removing the HDD and booting to BIOS (with drive removed)?

Did you say you booted from a live disc / USB environment to rule out memory, cable displacement etc?

(05-14-2017, 11:27 AM)Compton Wrote:  Rec its all  Acer Aspire Z3-605 All-In-One PC Acer Aspire Z3-605

yes it could be a bad gpu but its integrated  if it  is would i have  to replace the  motherboard  

remove the memory see if you will get any display if its not the memory its the motherboard

my bet is on the motherboard Larry don't believe what acer have to say how could it be driver or hard drive when you get no display at all

if you are getting some kinda display then I would say yes maybe  
Yeah if it is not memory, It is Motherboard, Agree you with there. compton. Like you said, if you replace the motherboard, GPU is as well, which rules out that. So yeah test memory first

(05-14-2017, 04:31 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Have you tried removing the HDD and booting to BIOS (with drive removed)?

Did you say you booted from a live disc / USB environment to rule out memory, cable displacement etc?

When it first came in, Display was fine. It was in a repair loop then was trying to repair bad sectors on the drive. Then what I did "The first thing I always do" is pull the drive and test it on my bench machine. While the drive was being tested, I installed a spare drive into the machine and tried to install Windows 8.1 (system could not create partitions) so I tried installing Windows 10 (cannot install Windows on this partition)... So I stopped there cause it was late. Next day (Yesterday Morning) I took the original drive out of the test bench and installed it into the Machine... Turned machine on and WALAA no ACER boot screen. I did a hard reset, pulled CMOS battery, pulled and switched memory, and even tried booting it from Live CD's and USB's...Nothing...

I did some research and ACER is saying that the no display issue was caused by a driver or hard drive issue "that made no sense" and want you to use their eRecovery Software to correct it. Acer also wants you to use the eRecovery Software to recover the whole system because of all the weird partitions that need to be created on the drive.

I'll get a screen shot of these partitions to post...

Edit: The Hard Drive did test bad... I can't even image it with Linux...

(05-14-2017, 09:07 AM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  Wow a tough one, even for the legendary Larry LOL Big Grin
It might be the GPU! Is it a Laptop or Desktop. If it is Laptop, replace motherboard, That will replace onboard GPU as well. (But I am sure you knew that already Big Grin) If is a Desktop, Try swapping it.
But yeah test the memory first, also make sure you clean the dust fromthe whole system, I  have had experience, where dust will stop the computer from loading altogher

Yeah REC, this does have me by the Big Toe...lol

It would however help if Manufacturers would provide good support. Some will not give it because they want consumers to use their own repair solutions...
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

the question is how are you going to see how to install the acer recovery software when you have no display lol

even with tim 1080p glass lol i am sure you still can't see how to install

(05-14-2017, 05:45 PM)Compton Wrote:  the question is how are you going  to see how  to install the acer recovery software when you have no display lol

even with tim 1080p glass  lol i am sure you still can't see how to install

Exactly my thoughts Compton... Another case where customer support are not techs... they are salesman.

I need a pair of 1080p Glasses!!!
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185

trust me its the motherboard because you said  you test memory acer support is thinking you are getting display and all you need to do is to reinstall windows

I would not look forward for much help from acer because they are not tech like us just   sales support

(05-14-2017, 06:04 PM)Compton Wrote:  trust me its the motherboard because you said  you test memory acer support is thinking you are getting display and all you need to do is to reinstall windows

I would not look forward for much help from acer because they are not tech like us just   sales support

Agree!!!

Thanks for the input guys! Much appreciated!
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185

Yeah remove that motherboard and replace it.