Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Screen Can't Access Bios
1. Leave the laptop assembled. Remove anything that's plugged in externally to your computer also remove any disks from the disk tray we want your pc to look like it just came out of the box and all you did was plug in the power cord.

2. You need to be sure that you are tapping F2 before you see the manufactures logo/post screen. (F2 is located in the same row of keys where F1 all the way through F12 is located)
If F2 doesnt work try the fn+f2

If you are able to enter the bios post a screen shot to the forum

Turn Off laptop.

Hold Esc down and power ON the laptop.

You may hear a Beep to indicate a fault with a message saying Press F1.

Release Esc and press F1.

(06-02-2017, 07:51 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  1. Leave the laptop assembled. Remove anything that's plugged in externally to your computer also remove any disks from the disk tray we want your pc to look like it just came out of the box and all you did was plug in the power cord.

2. You need to be sure that you are tapping F2 before you see the manufactures logo/post screen. (F2 is located in the same row of keys where  F1 all the way through F12 is located)
If F2 doesnt work try the fn+f2

If you are able to enter the bios post a screen shot to the forum

Assembled. NO Difference. Tapping F2 or fn+f2 does not give any reaction

(05-31-2017, 12:58 PM)Britec Wrote:  So your problem now is black screen and you can't access bios, this is a hardware issue by the sounds of it.

I'm afraid you are right. Possibly motherboard issue?

(06-03-2017, 04:19 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Turn Off laptop.

Hold Esc down and power ON the laptop.

You may hear a Beep to indicate a fault with a message saying Press F1.

Release Esc and press F1.

Tried. Same as before. NO BEEP CODES. Start screen, Num Lock on, and fan starts after a while.
Nothing else happens

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/enter-bios-computer/

Go to the link above and scroll down till you see toshiba it gives a few keys to enter the bios. Post back to the forum let us no how it goes

it sounds like you may have damage the bios somehow

did you try to flash bios might need to replace motherboard

(05-30-2017, 07:53 PM)billingstad Wrote:  TOSHIBA Satellite L50-A-160 PSKK2E won't boot.
Power supply and BIOS battery shows correct Voltage. Power is entering the PC....
I am curios to know how you identified that the power supply and the CMOS battery showed the correct voltage

I would also like you to keep tapping the Del key just as you power up your device and see if the bios loads

(06-04-2017, 07:39 AM)Partha Wrote:  
(05-30-2017, 07:53 PM)billingstad Wrote:  TOSHIBA Satellite L50-A-160 PSKK2E won't boot.
Power supply and BIOS battery shows correct Voltage. Power is entering the PC....
I am curios to know how you identified that the power supply and the CMOS battery showed the correct voltage

I would also like you to keep tapping the Del key just as you power up your device and see if the bios loads

I used a multimeter, and a pair of thin needles for the laptop battery (very small space for contact). For the Bios battery it's just to put the right probe on each side.
Tapping or holding DEL does not give access to BIOS.
It seems that I have to change the motherboard. Does any body know a place where I can get one at a reasonable price? It might even be used
The model is: TOSHIBA Satellite L50-A-160 PSKK2E

(06-05-2017, 09:47 AM)billingstad Wrote:  
(06-04-2017, 07:39 AM)Partha Wrote:  

I used a multimeter, and a pair of thin needles for the laptop battery (very small space for contact). For the Bios battery it's just to put the right probe on each side.
Tapping or holding DEL does not give access to BIOS.
It seems that I have to change the motherboard. Does any body  know a place where I can get one at a reasonable price? It might even be used
The model is: TOSHIBA Satellite L50-A-160 PSKK2E

Post up the number on the motherboard that starts with A0000****** . It is somewhere on that board top or bottom.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

I would like you to remove the battery as well the CMOS battery and keep the power button pressed for a full 30 seconds to discharge all the static that could've possibly built up

Now reseat both the batteries, power up the device and see what happens.. also, make sure the RAM is properly installed