Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win 10 "Choose an Option" start-up screen
I upgraded my old laptop to Win 10. Every time I started it the "Choose an Option" screen appeared. But Win 10 was never a success and it got slower and slower.

I therefore bought a Packard Bell (Acer) Easynote ENLG81AP "laptop".  Absolutely no problems but it doesn't start with the "Choose an Option" screen.

I worry about possible problems in the future. I have made a recovery USB but would like Win 10 to start with the "Choose an Option" screen. How can I do this?

Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.
[/quote]

Choose an option of what?

Well, the "Choose an Option" screen wouldn't normally appear every time at the startup. Are you sure it was "Choose an Option" and not "Choose an operating system"?

Please look at the pictures below and let us know which was the one that used to appear at the startup

if you can take a photo and post it that would be great

- The only scenario "that I can think of" where a PC would constantly boot into the Select Option Screen would be if the Boot Option was not set back to Hard Drive and a CD/USB with an OS or repair Disk/USB was still in the PC...

- The Select Operating System would only show up if the computer was dual boot...

^ Just a thought...
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

It was definitely the "Choose and Option" screen that came up every time when starting my old win 10 laptop.

If I did nothing it defaulted to Continue and exited to win 10.

My new Packard Bell (Acer) Easynote ENLG81AP starts with a blank screen then Packard Bell logo, then windows 10 desktop. I can then start working it.

As I said I worry about possible problems in the future. I have made a recovery USB but would like Win 10 to start with the "Choose an Option" screen.

Did it look exactly like the one that I've pictured?

ok is the problem happening on the old computer or the new one

just to be clear

(06-22-2017, 11:19 AM)Compton Wrote:  ok is the problem happening on the old computer or the new one

just to be clear
It used to happen with his older laptop and he wants to know if that was normal