Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Router and Internet issues!!!!
(07-05-2017, 08:48 PM)JenoWells6923 Wrote:  
(07-04-2017, 05:25 PM)Compton Wrote:  rec don't laugh too hard you might cough yourself   Big Grin

JenoWells6923 in any case if it is the router what can happen is a power spike

it's good to use a surge protector

Yeah everything is connected to a surge protector. A strong one at that...

(07-05-2017, 08:41 AM)Chunkystab Wrote:  I had to help someone who was getting dreadfully low speeds and intermittent connectivity located in a rural area.   Having checked out all of the kit the ISP was eventually convinced to send out an engineer.
It turns out that two units (on poles) supplying the properties had copper connectors that were corroded due to water ingress.  Once replaced the speeds increased dramatically.  Do get on to the ISP to check their equipment.

I called my ISP. They recommended I increase the internet speed. They tested the speed, connection and signal with the modem and router. They didn't see any issues other than it being kinda slow. Nothing major to the point they have to send a tech out to inspect it

Before: 10 down, 1 up
Now: 31 down, 5 up

Still having issues here in there but not as much...so idk lol

The ISP will always tell you that everything is fine. Keep complaining till they send someone out to check the connection.

((( The squeaky wheel will always be the one to get the oil...lol )))
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

Yeah Larry, I had these issue before with these ISP, they just want to find you a solution quickly so they don't have to send out a technician and pay money. Cheap Skates and they don't even do a proper analysis, just the basics which they think is the answer but that is not always the case ...

yeah ISP can be nightmare when it comes fixing problem

they can get you angry to point were you really want to use bad words

but sometimes you have to engage your brain before you engage your mouth LOL

Um yeah I see what you guys mean by the that. I knew that the upgrade speed wouldn't help even after I told the guy that my router was practically brand new and that I noticed those issues after the bad tropical storm we had in the area...but whatever. I'll be giving them another call tomorrow to final fix this cause honestly....I want to throw it out the window...lol

what did the guy say you need to upgrade your speed

did he actually troubleshoot any ?

Hmmm... ISP's throttling speeds so they can suggest plan upgrades??? Nawwwww.....lol
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

(07-05-2017, 11:53 PM)Compton Wrote:  yeah  ISP can be nightmare when it comes fixing problem  

they can get  you  angry  to point were you really want to use bad words

but sometimes you have to  engage  your brain before you engage   your mouth LOL
Yeah LOL

(07-06-2017, 04:02 AM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  Hmmm... ISP's throttling speeds so they can suggest plan upgrades??? Nawwwww.....lol
That is one option to fix lol but there are other ways

Update:

So I called my ISP back today and they sent a tech out to inspect the connection. He checked the wires, the box, the splitter. He increased the ampage in the cable box (I think that's what you call it) and he did something to the splitter cables....but guess what???

i'M STILL HAVING ISSUES....The router keeps cutting out and only the router lol

ok is it a router and modem together or is the router by itself?

(07-06-2017, 06:13 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok is it a router and modem together  or is the router by itself?

The modem and router are separate....two devices