Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im trying to find the right wording for this so i can google it
Ok so theres settings that run in the background in windows for example
1. Windows at least in the older versions theres a setting that searches for broken icons that tries to fix the icons.
2. Problems and solutions i rarely had any luck with it.
3. Theres settings in internet explorer like devoloper tools (im not gonna use the feature so why have it on)
4. Smart card (i dont use that so i have it turned off)

So hopefully those are good enough examples on what im talking about lol

But what would the right question to ask google so that i can find i guess the useless to me stuff but wont harm windows if you turn off or disable that uses resources and is just running without any plans of the setting being used at all.

nope smirk24 you need to be a bit more clear on your questions

getting lots of static on the line I think we need a DSL filter lol just kidding

Theres settings in windows that runs to fix issues, diagnose problems ,pretty much windows checks for issues and when windows finds em you usually get a cant repair so i want to be able to read articles about useless settings in windows and how to turn them off.

So far ive figured out that:

1. windows checks for broken icons and then searches the computer for the file it needs to fix the issue =doesnt work and deleting of icone cache is in the works.

2.crazy delay times for processes and services while shutting down.

3.problem reports and solution center hasnt helped me when ive tried using it so why have it on?
Answer: So i shut it off

Why have tasks being run that just uses resources and doesnt fix issues. Its almost like windows spends more time trying to automatically rebuild its self and fix the issues taking up resources when its basically just scanning for nothing.

Like today i stumbled accross a tool that tweaks (turns stuff off) internet explorer and after i figured out what i wanted off, internet explorer went from taxing my cpu before the tweaks to being more responsive and being just an overall better browsing experience after the ie tweak tool i used.

It's reasonable to think that there would be one or more features that a user may not want in a software but try to think from the perspective of the designers or the company that makes that software.

From their point of view, it's not just you but potentially millions, and they would want to keep some features enabled by default which they think would help them in the long run

(07-03-2017, 08:02 AM)Partha Wrote:  It's reasonable to think that there would be one or more features that a user may not want in a software but try to think from the perspective of the designers or the company that makes that software.

From their point of view, it's not just you but potentially millions, and they would want to keep some features enabled by default which they think would help them in the long run

Well said, Partha...

Windows is universal and meant to do hundreds of things right out of the box...
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

(07-03-2017, 08:11 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  Well said, Partha...

Windows is universal and meant to do hundreds of things right out of the box...
Thanks, Larry

Quote:Like today i stumbled accross a tool that tweaks (turns stuff off) internet explorer and after i figured out what i wanted off, internet explorer went from taxing my cpu before the tweaks to being more responsive and being just an overall better browsing experience after the ie tweak tool i used.
Maybe the tool that you use is not compatible.

Those all sound like services, black viper would be the best bet;

http://www.blackviper.com/windows-services/