Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot access my own files on my network 0x80070035
(07-19-2017, 05:40 PM)Compton Wrote:  yeah, you can still try on windows 8.1

I tried everything, resetting tcp/ip, uninstalling and reinstalling network adapter, temporarily disabling firewall and antivirus. Nothing ;( still get the error,

If i refresh thecomputer in the recovery mode will the problem get fixed?
Thank you for your help

yes at this point it's i worth a shot

I just realized now that if I refresh the pc it will delete all programs in "Programs and Features", i have important drives and programs so I wont refresh the pc, is there anyway to refresh the pc on local disk c only?
Thank yoy for your help,
Amr,

Now found a way to reset all windows services to deafault can anyone please specify network-related services so I can reset it Smile,

Best Regards,
Amr,

Hey Amr22126,

Have you tried a system restore?
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

yes but unfortunetly windows deletes all system restores after 30 days Sad

do you have next computer that you can try connecting to the network

that would rule out windows as the problem or not

(07-20-2017, 10:28 AM)Amr22126 Wrote:  yes but unfortunetly windows deletes all system restores after 30 days Sad

It will delete all but the latest one... So if you have no restore point at all, that means that system restore is turned off.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

look, I have 2 computers and 1 laptop, they all are connected to a homegroup that my computer created (the computer with the error 0x80070035). I dont want anyone to be confused so im going to call my computer ,the one with the error, computer A, the other computer is computer B, So computer A cannot view shared files on the laptop or computer B, and his own shared files,( yes computer A cannot view his shared files on the network) Which means computer A cannot view anything on the network and recives the same error 0x80070035. Laptop and computer B cannot view computer A, but they can view each other's files and share.

I also noticed that computer A is not visible in the homegroup, even though it is the one who created the homegroup, I can see only the laptop and computer B in the homegroup.

I hope this post make you understand my problem,
Best regards,
Amr

(07-20-2017, 11:15 AM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  
(07-20-2017, 10:28 AM)Amr22126 Wrote:  yes but unfortunetly windows deletes all system restores after 30 days Sad

It will delete all but the latest one... So if you have no restore point at all, that means that system restore is turned off.
No i have system restore but it was automatically created after the latest one so the latest one got deleted ;(

Verifying that the Computer Browser service is running https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSNE44_5.2.0/com.ibm.tpc_V52.doc/fqz0_r_verify_browser_service_running.html

i dont have a service named computer browser

but when i wrote "net view" in cmd it said:
System error 1231 has occured

The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troublesho
oting, see Windows Help.