Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My video file is broken is it possible to fix it?
I used sharex to record my screen while i was going through the process of the removal of jigsaw well i used rkill to kill the jigsaw process which also killed another process which sharex uses called ffmpeg (or something like that) well i got through the process of the removal and went to check my video file using wmp and it gave me an error message and couldnt play it. So i used vlc media player and it seen my video file but it stopped as soon as it started to play.

So hopefully it can be fixed because i dont wanna infect my computer just to redo the video

It looks like ffmpeg is required for the screen recording with ShareX to work and so if it was killed, the recording process must've failed.

See if the steps explained at https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/repair-corrupt-video-file-vlc-media-player/ work

Vlc crashes after 2 seconds as its in the process of converting.

Thats what i was afraid of

I would set up a virtual machine and perform the tests if I was in your place

yeah I would setup a VirtualBox infect it then setup the recording software on the main os

OOOPsie..... Big Grin
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

I tried infecting my xp pro sp2 no updates on the virtual box and i kept getting an error when id execute the file so i tried it on my not so great pc and the file sure enough executed so i was like i might as well do a video on it lol i didnt have any important files on it yet so it wasnt a big deal to me. Jigsaw is pretty easy to remove for me anyways and running rkill put a damper on jigsaws game and the decrypt tool worked awesome each time. And no this testing wasnt on my main machine the laptop. Now i wouldn't risk anything but a virtual box with the the petya ransom that one sucks lol

But i made the video and put it on the tube so we can close this thread thanks guys