Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My desktop computer won't boot up.
@ BigJerr,

So based upon what I have read you have tried all of the display ports on you computer. The motherboard vga and dvi ports and your graphics card vga and dvi ports.
(DVI ports are the ones you are calling serial)

If this is the case I would check your ram next.
How many ram sticks are installed in the desktop computer?

* Be sure your ram sticks are seated firmly in the ram slots
* If you have more than one memory stick try pulling out one at a time and try booting after each ram stick is pulled.
* Using only one memory stick try to boot with the memory in different slots.

Please take note of the original memory configuration before pulling ram

EDIT: I think Compton already suggested this but I want to make sure it was done correctly by the OP
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

@ BigJerr,

So what exactly is it that starts for 10 seconds? Could you please elaborate on that?

(07-17-2017, 04:17 PM)Partha Wrote:  @ BigJerr,

So what exactly is it that starts for 10 seconds? Could you please elaborate on that?

The answer to that is in post #15 (I think)
912-220-0765

(07-17-2017, 04:02 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(07-17-2017, 03:59 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  Nothing. it starts for about ten seconds or so then it seems to stop.

BTW, I think you guys are awesome for sticking with me on this.
We're always there to help and, I am sorry that I misjudged your reply to Compton. So please explain what exactly are you referring to that starts for about ten seconds

It starts up for about 10 secs or so then it stops booting. The system is on but it no longer boots. The only light that's on is the green on light. But the red doesn't flicker.

I'm trying to get the image to this LT via USB however the I can't see the files on the tablet.

(07-17-2017, 04:23 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  
(07-17-2017, 04:02 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(07-17-2017, 03:59 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  Nothing. it starts for about ten seconds or so then it seems to stop.

BTW, I think you guys are awesome for sticking with me on this.
We're always there to help and, I am sorry that I misjudged your reply to Compton. So please explain what exactly are you referring to that starts for about ten seconds

It starts up for about 10 secs or so then it stops booting.  The system is on but it no longer boots.  The only light that's on is the green on light.  But the red doesn't flicker.

I'm trying to get the image to this LT via USB however the I can't see the files on the tablet.

BigJerr lets forget about your laptop on this topic. We are trying to help you troubleshoot your desktop display problem. You can start a new thread about your laptop.

As mentioned by GuiltySpark you can also try removing the video card and connecting you monitor to the motherboard on-board graphics.
912-220-0765

(07-17-2017, 04:23 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  It starts up for about 10 secs or so then it stops booting.  The system is on but it no longer boots.  The only light that's on is the green on light.  But the red doesn't flicker.
I see. Now I remember you saying that your vga cable was fine as you found it to be working with your laptop.

So please tell us which motherboard exactly was the vga connected to while testing it

Let's close it. Thanks everyone. I'll reopen it another thread later.

(07-17-2017, 04:45 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  Let's close it.  Thanks everyone.  I'll reopen it another thread later.
If you wish, we will close it but if you could've answered those questions, we could've made some progress at the least