Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My desktop computer won't boot up.
if you are still not getting any display, then its a hardware problem, I would start with power supply would get a knowing good power supply which would be working one to see if you will get a display

This is a tough one to narrow down without seeing it in person, your monitor doesn't work when connected to tower nor does it work when connected to laptop.

Things to try with laptop:

Hook up to a different monitor (known working) with same VGA cable.

Hook up to same monitor with different (known working) VGA cable.

Either there is an issue with monitor or cable or you're not doing something quite right (it sounds like you're doing it correctly).

Quote:Yesterday I was able to hook up the monitor and see this LT in am using.  But that's it.

Before I forget, I wonder if the HBCD I put in the drive is properly burnt with the boot files.  Should I post the screenshot of what's on there?

Here's the screen shot.

Is that from your laptop screen? If yes, was the laptop connected to the desktop's motherboard via the vga?

at this point showing us what on Hbcd would not help because the desktop is not getting any display

and putting a flash drive or CD in the system would not help it to get the display

if I am reading everything correctly when you hook up a monitor to the laptop you are not able to display?

if you can take a video or photo of your current setup that would be great

(07-15-2017, 05:30 PM)Partha Wrote:  Is that from your laptop screen? If yes, was the laptop connected to the desktop's motherboard via the vga?

I copied it to MS Paint. It's the HBCD. Was wondering if all the files are there for a CD boot?

(07-15-2017, 05:43 PM)Compton Wrote:  at this point showing us what on Hbcd would not  help because the desktop is not getting any display

and putting a flash drive or CD in the system would not help it to get the display

if I am reading everything correctly when you hook up a monitor to the laptop you are not able to display?

if you can take a video or photo  of your current  setup that  would be great

Actually I can get the LT desktop on the other monitor - the one that's for my regular computer.

Let mt see if I can do such with my tablet.

ok what you are saying you have 2 monitors here if you connect the PC with no display to the other monitor

Will you get a display?

(07-15-2017, 06:03 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok what you a are saying you have 2 monitors here if you connect the PC with no display to the other monitor

Will you get a display?

I do have a separate display for the regular PC.  (If needed I can actually see the LTs desktop through the PCs monitor.)  However I cannot see anything when plugged into the PC.

Is that clear?

Ha e you looked at the boot disk image to see if all the files are on there to boot.?

no, I am sorry it's not clear when you say a separate display do you mean a separate monitor?

(07-15-2017, 05:53 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  I copied it to MS Paint.  It's the HBCD.  Was wondering if all the files are there for a CD boot?
Let's break this up . I would like to know if that screenshot was from your laptop screen or from another display source