Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My desktop computer won't boot up.
(07-15-2017, 06:31 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(07-15-2017, 05:53 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  I copied it to MS Paint.  It's the HBCD.  Was wondering if all the files are there for a CD boot?
Let's break this up . I would like to know if that screenshot was from your laptop screen or from another display source

Thanks Partha. It was from my LT.  It was the screenshot of the HBCD on the DVD.  Was asking if all the files were on there to boot with the DVD/CD?

Compton, a display and monitor is the same thing - here in the U.S. anyways.

(07-15-2017, 06:37 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  Thanks Partha. It was from my LT.  It was the screenshot of the HBCD on the DVD.  Was asking if all the files were on there to boot with the DVD/CD?
Okay, and did you play the DVD on the laptop? I mean to ask if you played the DVD via the laptop's DVD player

(07-15-2017, 06:44 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(07-15-2017, 06:37 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  Thanks Partha. It was from my LT.  It was the screenshot of the HBCD on the DVD.  Was asking if all the files were on there to boot with the DVD/CD?
Okay, and did you play the DVD on the laptop?

You mean try to boot it?

(07-15-2017, 06:45 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  You mean try to boot it?
No, that's not what I exactly meant but the answer to that would also help. So did you boot from the laptop's dvd media or from another source?

I think the issue here if I'm reading things correct is;

You have two computers A and B

A is a Desktop PC connected to a Monitor(1).

B is a Laptop connected to a different Monitor(2).

A will not connect to 1 or 2.

B will connect to 1 and 2.

Assuming you have swapped over the cables to rule out a VGA cable failure then the issue is likely to be the Desktop itself, either the Video card / chip (if it's integrated (onboard) you would need a external card.
If it's a external Video card you can try taking it out and swapping with a known working card or leaving out in favour of the onboard (integrated) card / chip.

I think we are making this   way more complex than it should be. We can deduce three possibilities based on the information we have

Possibility 1. Problem with the desktop motherboard or with the removable components installed on it

Possibility 2. Problem with the power supply unit

Possibility 3. Problem with the vga cable

(07-15-2017, 07:00 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  I think the issue here if I'm reading things correct is;

You have two computers A and B

A is a Desktop PC connected to a Monitor(1).

B is a Laptop connected to a different Monitor(2).

A will not connect to 1 or 2

B will connect to 1 and 2.

Assuming you have swapped over the cables to rule out a VGA cable failure then the issue is likely to be the Desktop itself, either the Video card / chip (if it's integrated (onboard) you would need a external card.
If it's a external Video card you can try taking it out and swapping with a known working card or leaving out in favour of the onboard (integrated) card / chip.

Close. I have a desktop PC that was just shipped to me with the separate monitor, etc. When it arrived here and tried to start it. It would not totally boot up. After hitting the power button it seemed like it would start then after a few seconds it appears to stop booting. So what I did reset all the connections, pull them out then put them back on, and the system still did not boot. Again, when hooking up the display/monitor to the PC I couldn't get and signal. On the front of the monitor there are some touch sensitive buttons and I could not access any menu.

I have my girlfriend's LT which also has a screen on it. I have connected more than once the display to the regular PC to the LT and could see the what was on the laptop. Now for some reason I could not see what is on the PC with the monitor that is used for the PC.

Now, I have tried to get a Hiren's BCD and attempted to install it from the LT to it's DVD Writer. I can't seem to get that HBCD to work on this LT or, more importantly, the PC. I am wondering if I have all the proper files on the CD - from the posted screen shot that is from the LT.

I would like you to answer my last question please. Which specific media did you boot from? Was it from the dvd or any other media of your laptop or was it from a media from your desktop?

I've never used Hirens as in the past it was always classed as illegal software (due to MiniXP) it's been legalised since so I don't know what files it should have.

Just out of interest what is the OS on the Desktop PC?

(07-15-2017, 07:39 PM)Partha Wrote:  I would like you to answer my last question please.

The answer is no.  But one more time I will remove the VC and put it back in.

(07-15-2017, 07:18 PM)Partha Wrote:  I think we are making this   way more complex than it should be. We can deduce three possibilities based on the information we have

Possibility 1. Problem with the desktop motherboard or with the removable components installed on it

Something could have come loose during shipping.

Quote:Possibility 2. Problem with the power supply unit

Probably not but...........

Quote:Possibility 3. Problem with the vga cable

The VGA cable works fine with the LT.

Thanks though.

(07-15-2017, 07:42 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  I've never used Hirens as in the past it was always classed as illegal software (due to MiniXP) it's been legalised since so I don't know what files it should have.

Just out of interest what is the OS on the Desktop PC?

Windows 10.