Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My desktop computer won't boot up.
So did you boot from a media from your desktop? Where exactly did you boot from?

(07-15-2017, 07:47 PM)Partha Wrote:  So did you boot from a media from your desktop? Where exactly did you boot from?

First I'll do the LT to see if it works: have to get into it's BIOS first then I'll try it on the Desktop.

(07-15-2017, 07:55 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  First I'll do the LT to see if it works: have to get into it's BIOS first then I'll try it on the Desktop.
I would like to know if you inserted the DVD into the laptop's DVD player or the desktop's DVD player

I'd like for you to run a test, power down and disconnect from mains power, pull out the Video card and power up without the Video card, this may use your onboard video / graphics chip (assuming your MOBO supports this).

(07-15-2017, 08:02 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  I'd like for you to run a test, power down and disconnect from mains power, pull out the Video card and power up without the Video card, this may use your onboard video / graphics chip (assuming your MOBO supports this).

I'll try that too.

BRB.

Thanks everyone. Don't worry about it for now. I'll resume this tomorrow.

BTW, I did unseat the graphics card then put it back in. Still didn't work.

Trying to boot to a hirens iso to obtain video from your desktop is probably not the best way to go. As I understand it you have yet to get any video to show up on any monitor with the desktop.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(07-15-2017, 06:37 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  
(07-15-2017, 06:31 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(07-15-2017, 05:53 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  I copied it to MS Paint.  It's the HBCD.  Was wondering if all the files are there for a CD boot?
Let's break this up . I would like to know if that screenshot was from your laptop screen or from another display source

Thanks Partha. It was from my LT.  It was the screenshot of the HBCD on the DVD.  Was asking if all the files were on there to boot with the DVD/CD?

Compton, a display and monitor is the same thing - here in the U.S. anyways.

I am sorry for misunderstanding I will now know that a display means a monitor

BigJerr I kindly ask when a question is ask of if you can give a direct answer

because at this point its 6 pages of going around in circles

Photo 
It looks like to me that the question he actually asked was what kind of Live CD should he boot it from...

@BigJerr... Try booting from an Ubuntu or Linux Mint Live CD

Link To Ubuntu:

https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Link To Linux Mint:

https://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

If either of those does not bring up some kind of display... then troubleshoot the hardware.

But like Tim mentioned, you may be voiding some kind of warranty from whoever sold you the used PC in the first place. Have you contacted the seller? If not, I would stop trying to troubleshoot any further and contact the seller, they may be able to help you out. Was insurance included with shipping?
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

BigJerr, let me say that the way you replied to Compton earlier was not appreciated. If I'm not mistaken, he just wanted to make sure if you had a separate display for your regular pc

perhaps he wanted to know if that's the display you tested your vga with, which you later clarified to be the laptop's display you tested it with

Besides, you still did not answer if you inserted the DVD into the laptop's DVD player or the desktop's DVD player.

(07-15-2017, 08:21 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  
(07-15-2017, 08:02 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  I'd like for you to run a test, power down and disconnect from mains power, pull out the Video card and power up without the Video card, this may use your onboard video / graphics chip (assuming your MOBO supports this).

I'll try that too.

BRB.

Thanks everyone.  Don't worry about it for now.  I'll resume this tomorrow.

BTW, I did unseat the graphics card then put it back in.  Still didn't work.

I didn't ask you to put it back in, I asked you to try booting without the card.