Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello guys installing the cpu with stock fan
Hello i have just brought the AMD Athlon X4 845 with heat sink fan, do i need a gel like liquid on the cpu underneath the fan if so should i get a new cpu fan which comes with the gell

Normally the part of the heat sink that is supposed to touch the processor, would already have the thermal compound applied on it if it's brand new

(07-17-2017, 05:25 PM)Partha Wrote:  Normally the part of the heat sink that is supposed to touch the processor, would already have the thermal compound applied on it if it's brand new

Like a grey paste

(07-17-2017, 05:42 PM)Martin2781 Wrote:  Like a grey paste
Yes

thermal paste can come in the colour white just keep that in mind

at the end of the day, it will not matter if it grey or white both will get the job done which is to keep CPU cool along

along with CPU fan

if you buy a CPU its should come with a Cpu fan with thermal paste pre apply

if you are buying a 3 party CPU fan you may need to apply thermal paste to the CPU

(07-17-2017, 07:47 PM)Compton Wrote:  thermal paste can come in  the colour  white just keep that in mind

at the end of the day, it will not matter if it grey or white both will get the job  done which is to keep CPU cool along

along with CPU fan

if you buy a CPU  its should  come with a Cpu fan with  thermal paste pre apply

if you are buying a 3 party CPU fan you may need to apply thermal paste to the CPU
Yeah, Great point Compton Smile

(07-17-2017, 09:01 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  
(07-17-2017, 07:47 PM)Compton Wrote:  thermal paste can come in  the colour  white just keep that in mind

at the end of the day, it will not matter if it grey or white both will get the job  done which is to keep CPU cool along

along with CPU fan

if you buy a CPU  its should  come with a Cpu fan with  thermal paste pre apply

Yeah, Great point Compton Smile
Yes thank you i have seen that, thats why i was asking
like this one

https://www.box.co.uk/Cryorig-M9A-Single-Tower-Heatsink-for-AM_2078075.html

you are welcome Martin2781

If you do need thermal paste go with Arctic Silver purely for the price, it's a decent thermal compound if you don't have tons of cash to spend. Either way make sure you go with ceramic based.

(07-18-2017, 07:25 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  If you do need thermal paste go with Arctic Silver purely for the price, it's a decent thermal compound if you don't have tons of cash to spend. Either way make sure you go with ceramic based.

Ok thank you, all been a great help