Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing internal cables from the case to Motherboard
Hello i'm trying to install the internal cables from the case to the motherboard on a A88XM-A, also the case fan is a 3 hole pin an my motherboard supports a 4 pin hole

Also took ages to fit motherboard in lol interesting when trying to put cpu fan on cpu took awhile to sort out never done it before does it matter if the thermal paste was sliding abit trying to connect took a new challenge lol

no it should not be sliding a bit can you take some photos so that i can see what you are talking about?

its better to install Cpu outside of case

(07-19-2017, 08:28 PM)Compton Wrote:  no it should not be sliding a bit can you take some photos so that i can see what you are talking about?

its better to install Cpu outside of case

i was sliding it i think when trying to fit the cpu fan on not taking motherboard off again lol its a bstard to fit on properly

what CPU are you trying to install are you using stock CPU fan or a 3 party one?

(07-19-2017, 09:14 PM)Compton Wrote:  what CPU are you trying  to install are you using stock CPU fan or a 3 party one?

I have put on the stock cpu fan its the case fan i cant connect

Martin2781 you are speaking about too many things at once

let's be clear you would like to know how to hook up your case fan

3 pin can be plugin to a 4 pin header

(07-19-2017, 10:05 PM)Compton Wrote:  Martin2781 you are speaking about too many things at once

let's be clear you would like to know how to hook up  your case fan

3 pin can be plugin to a 4 pin header

ok cool how

it will only fix on one way don't force anything, make sure you plug it into the chassis fan header

The 4 PIN plug on the motherboard should have an alignment guide that aligns a 3 PIN plug...

Here is an example:

https://allpinouts.org/pinouts/connectors/motherboards/motherboard-cpu-4-pin-fan/

If your heatsink just slid a bit during install, it should be fine.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

Larry great points but I think we should stay only on the topic of connecting case system

when you mention too many things the thread can jump all over the place

don't take it the wrong way just my suggestion