Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup of user profile in windows 10
I recently had an automatic update of my windows 10 system.
I think it was a bit larger than usual.

When the update had finished and I wanted to log in i on my account I could not log in because the system could not find my "user profile."

I was however able to log into another account that I had on that PC.

After this I could log in to my usual account but my user profile was gone! All settings in programs, all emails etc etc were gone. It was like as if I  had created an entirely new account. (But all installed programs were available).

I thus thought that I had better start backing up my use profile so that if the same thing happens again I can more easily get back my normal working environment.

Note, restoring my previous system using a backup of the system image would not help much because then the windows update would also be destroyed and the next time I try to shut down the system the "Microsoft Police update function" will force me to update and the problem could very well be repeated.

Thus, how can you backup a user profile?

Windows 10 has a habit of doing things like this on some systems, check out Brian's video on it;

briteccomputers.co.uk/posts/how-to-backup-restore-transfer-user-profile-in-windows/

(08-10-2017, 09:22 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Windows 10 has a habit of doing things like this on some systems, check out Brian's video on it;

briteccomputers.co.uk/posts/how-to-backup-restore-transfer-user-profile-in-windows/

Well, I had hoped for something other than buying a program for 45 Euro to do it.

I can already backup emails with MozBackup.

well you can backup your user profile for free