Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resources? Must be me.
Where do I start? Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.
My system specs are:
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz 47 °C
Yorkfield 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. EP45-UD3R (Socket 775) 38 °C
Graphics
S20B300 (1600x900@60Hz)
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 210 (Gigabyte) 47 °C
Storage
298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAKS-00L9A0 ATA Device (SATA) 29 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00E8B0 ATA Device (SATA) 34 °C
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 ATA Device (SATA) 27 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20NS10 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
-----------------------------
I am not to computer savey but I do know when editing my youtube videos I could select some type of exelleration before.
Now this is ngreyed out and not available?
My guess is maybe to many resources are taken?

How can I safely disable resources? Each time I select one it will say that " If you end this process it may result in unstable system or program crash."
Is there a software that can automatically disable the safe once?

It looks like the highest resources ae Anti Virus, IOBit Malware and Advanced System Care.
The Hard drive constantly jumps from 30 to 100%

When I render video it always stops at about 60%
Will it render faster by having the files on a external drive?

I just dont know how to fix this and would like some safe suggestions for dummies.
Thanks Rolleyes

ok what software are using to edit your video?

I would uninstall Advanced System Care.I would uninstall IOBit Malware fighter but let's disable for now

let's just run a scan with malwarebytes to see if it will find anything

[Image: malwarebytes-icon.png]Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

Thank you for your quick reply. I did have Malwarebytes installed and run it as well.
The editing software I run is Movavi Video Suite16
I may have to look for something that is light on CPU as you will see on the attached capture.
CPU always 99 or 100% also attached Log file.
Thanks again.

(08-15-2017, 11:45 AM)Compton Wrote:  ok what software are using to edit your video?

I would uninstall  Advanced System Care.I would uninstall  IOBit Malware  fighter but let's disable for now

let's just run a scan with malwarebytes to see if it will find anything  

[Image: malwarebytes-icon.png]Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

• Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   scan log.txt (Size: 3.58 KB / Downloads: 601)

ok Malwarebytes found nothing major video editing is no walking in the park

it's not uncommon for any video editing software to be taking 95% when rendering a video

is it taking up 95% even when not rendering a video?

Yeah, Premier Pro does the same. The reason these video editing software uses a lot of resources when rendering a video is because it is uses all its power and resources to create the video.

Nothing to worry about Wink

(08-15-2017, 04:05 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok Malwarebytes found  nothing major  video editing is no walking in the park

it's not uncommon  for any video editing  software to be taking 95% when rendering a video

is it taking up 95% even when not rendering a video?

No it is fine when not rendering. What threw me off was that about a month ago it rendered aproximatly 500mb
in 10-15 minutes and now it takes like 1 1/2 to 2 hours plus it freezes and I need to start again.

Cant figure it out. Are there any settings I could change that you know of?
Thanks again

well, the question would have to be anything major in the system from a month to now?

have you changed the video rending quality from good to highest?

maybe you have a program in the background running when the video is rendering may be IOBit Malware fighter or advanced system care

because what will happen is the CPU will have to balance the video editing and other software that are running

when rending video close all open programs then report back how long it will take

as a side note, IOBit Malware fighter and advanced system care can do more harm than good to your computer

(08-15-2017, 07:29 PM)Compton Wrote:  well, the question would have to be anything major in the system from a month to now?

have you changed the video rending quality from good to highest?

maybe you have a program in  the background running when the video is rendering may be IOBit Malware fighter or advanced system care

because what will happen is the CPU will have to balance the video editing and other software that are running

when rending video close all open  programs then report back how long it will take

as a side  note,  IOBit Malware fighter and advanced system care can do more harm than good to your computer

That was my thought, maybe the background programs running. I like to know if a software is available that can shut down these programs during render?
I read that Gamers have some options in the software that free up resources to play games.
I will uninstall these two programs and see if it changes back but still like to know if anything else I can do to free things up.
Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.

I would just close any open program  manually can't of any programs

also, a good way to tell what  background programs are running look at the notification  area

To add, monitor the temps of your cpu while rendering. Perhaps you are throttling down or freezing due to heat.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net