Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do i use linux lol
windows is first choice but i installed linux (zorin 12 lite) along side windows 7. Well i dont know how to work Linux very well lol

does someone have some good articles i can read or some handy information for Zorin linux beginners lol

ok don't really have a general guide the best way to learn Linux is just to play around

and learn as you go anything Pacific you would like to learn ?

(08-24-2017, 11:01 AM)Compton Wrote:  ok don't really have a general guide the best way to learn Linux is just to play around

and learn as you go anything Pacific you would like to learn ?

Well ive been trying install open office. I have the tar file and extracted it but i cant figure out the coding for the terminal.

And it says im disconnected from the internet when i check for updates but yet i can browse freely with no issues

you can install it using terminal  or the software centre

open terminal  enter one command

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:upubuntu-com/office

Code:
sudo apt-get update

Code:
sudo apt-get install openoffice

remember your sudo password is like your admin password in windows

Using the Software Center in Zorin OS

Why not use LibreOffice it should already be installed?

(08-24-2017, 11:37 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Why not use LibreOffice it should already be installed?

I havent tried so im not familiar with it but i think ill stick with libre office lol the codes above worked till the end and then it gave me an error lol.

what is the error?

(08-25-2017, 01:54 AM)Compton Wrote:  what is the error?

Something about it couldn't find the file in drive e which is weird because i wanted linux to be installed along side windows 7 but linux chose to install on my second hard drive instead of sharing the hd with windows 7

yeah that can sometimes

what I would do is Unplug  windows hard drive when installing Linux

you can follow this guide to remove Linux from windows hard drive

second hands laptop use zorin os ultimate with an ssd.later pair of fresh memory