Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a small inquiry about my modem
i forgot how to access the modem's main admin panel. i want to review its status, change logs etc. its a motorola arris sb6121 model

if you forgot your router password you will have reset it

[Image: router.png] Router Reset

Reset Router to Factory Default Settings:

• Typically a reset can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router.
  • Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 30 seconds)
  • In order to get to the router's server, type http:\\192.168.1.1 in the address bar and click Enter. You should see the log in window.
  • Fill in the password you have already found and you will get the configuration page.
  • Configure the router to allow you to connect to your ISP server. In some routers it is done by a setup wizard.
  • If you do not have a setup wizard you have to fill in the log in password your ISP has initially given to you. You can also call your ISP if you don't have your initial password.
  • Don't forget to change the routers default password and set a stronger, more complex password. Note down the password and keep it somewhere for future reference.

Even though the tutorial below is for a different model, the procedure to access the admin panel of your modem should remain the same

You will need your default gateway:

Press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard

Type CMD into the run box and click ok.

Type ipconfig and press enter on your keyboard.

Look for the section where it tells you your:

IPv4 Address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway

copy down the default gateway and type it at search bar in your browser