Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I disable the Windows Pagefile or not?
Some of you guys misunderstood me. And i dont know why the title of the question was changed lol

The question was how reliable is online tech tips and can you partition a space on the windows hard drive for the page file as it says in the link above?

I think what happen was reading the title of the thread and answering that question

Should I disable the Windows Pagefile or not?

A better title would be

should I move the pagefile to other partition

(10-08-2017, 10:05 PM)smirk24 Wrote:  Some of you guys misunderstood me. And i dont know why the title of the question was changed lol

The question was how reliable is online tech tips and  can you partition a space on the windows hard drive for the page file as it says in the link above?

Never saw this site before, so I don't have a clue. Most of these types of sites are written by bloggers who aren't even techs... all they do is copy and paste from other blogs.

And my answer would still be the same as far as messing with the page file. The performance gain would be so small, that you won't even notice.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

I actually did  reply to that question of yours but when you edited that part off from your  post and the title was changed, I edited my reply as well. Nevertheless, as far as the the reliability of all their content is concerned, I don't want to judge but the article on pagefile contains valid info

With respect to creating the pagefile on a  separate partition of the  windows drive, it's just pointless like I said before

We can close the thread. Thanks for your input guys