Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
internet connection on tablet unstable
ive noticed connection on tablet seems to be very unstable. link speed is either 1mbps or 5... is that slow? ive got xfinity. they are not known to be very reliable with their wifi...despite their commercials state they have the fastest wifi etc. i even downlaoded app to boost speed but its not working as intended. not only that, the issue extends to my home network as well -i have my own modem. rebooting doesnt help much. the only reliable sources that dont have issues are the pc and the gaming console.

Please run the test at https://www.speedtest.net/ to check your Internet speed; be advised that the letter "b" refers to bits while the letter "B" refers to bytes

So if the Internet speed is 10 Mbps, it's 10 megabits per second  and if it's 10 MBPS, it's 10 megabytes per sec

ran test on tablet. "sometimes" speeds varies during the day and late at night. download (2.89) upload (2.72) hmm

(10-19-2017, 08:11 AM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  ran test on tablet.  "sometimes" speeds varies during the day and late at night.  download (2.89) upload (2.72)  hmm
OKay! What's the Internet speed that was advertised as part of your package?

i threw away the package so i dont know. ill have to search for the model. i bought it at best buy

Downloading apps won't boost your speed and is probably just spying on you, always check permissions with apps.

How far away are you from the router when using tablet?

Does it get better the closer to the router you are?

Many things can cause wifi to become "unstable", walls, electrical, background radiation, other signals, similar channels from nearby router's (neighbours).

oops pardon for belated reply. the router is actually sitting on the floor under the desk..i know, bad idea. but i dont have any room on the desk due to small space in apt. well maybe i should try raise the router so it kind of hangs onto a hook screwed into wall?

if you can place the router in the center of the room that would be good