Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem with adw cleaner
Hi, I tried using adw cleaner  with Windows 8.1 x64. Although it finished the scan, the problem arises while cleaning. Frozen screen a window pops up saying (caught unhandled unknown exeption terminating).
looked online to fix the problem nothing works hopely someone on here can help??

Attached Files
.jpg   pup's.JPG (Size: 57.16 KB / Downloads: 784)

Download GeekUninstaller  and use it to fully remove adwcleaner.

Download adwcleaner  and run the scan again.

(11-23-2017, 12:17 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Download GeekUninstaller  and use it to fully remove adwcleaner.

Download adwcleaner  and run the scan again.

hi, I download geekuninstaller could not find adw cleaner on my system but the shortcut icon was on my screen
so I deleted reinstall it still did not work grrrrrr so do u have any more ideas plz?

7.0.3.1 is an older version; the latest version is 7.0.4.0; please use the latest version and let us know the results

https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

(11-23-2017, 07:48 PM)Partha Wrote:  7.0.3.1 is an older version; the latest version is 7.0.4.0; please use the latest version and let us know the results

https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

hi I use the new version and it was still the same outcome grrrr

Make sure that you remove the  older version first;  launch the older version,  click on "File" from the menu at the top and select Uninstall

I would also advise you to install Zemana's Free Antimalware and run a scan with it

(11-23-2017, 08:30 PM)Partha Wrote:  Make sure that you remove the  older version first;  launch the older version,  click on "File" from the menu at the top and select Uninstall

I would also advise you to install Zemana's Free Antimalware and run a scan with it

hi I did that used the new version and the problem still happens.

run the following scan what I think malware preventing adw cleaner from working

[Image: malwarebytes-icon.png] Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

[Image: junkware_removal_tool.png] Fix with Junkware Removal Tool

Please download JRT by Malwarebytes and save the file to your desktop.
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.
  • Right-click on [Image: junkware_removal_tool.png] icon and select [Image: RunAsAdmin.jpg] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Follow the prompts and let this process run uninterrupted.
  • This scan can take a while, depending on your System specs.
  • Upon completion, a log (JRT.txt) will open on your desktop.

Please include the contents of that file in your reply.

Did Zemana detect anything suspicious?

(11-24-2017, 11:18 AM)Partha Wrote:  Did Zemana detect anything suspicious?

right finally got it sorted found some hidden adw cleaner files deleted them rebooted my pc
then downloaded adw cleaner again and bingo it worked Smile cheers for all the help much appreciated.