Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My post screen sits for 3minutes is it possible to fix this?
I have an older laptop HP Compaq 6910p which i installed windows 7 on to and for some reason the post screen sits for about 3 minutes and the same when i try to enter the bios, is there a solution to this?

reseat the memory and reset bios

(11-29-2017, 11:26 AM)Compton Wrote:  reseat the memory and reset bios

I understand what you mean by reseat the memory.

But reset the bios:
1. Load defaults
2. Take the bios battery out then hold the power button for 30 seconds (after disconnecting all power)
3. Use a boot disc that has a bios reset option etc

disconnect the hard drive are we speaking of a laptop or desktop ?

Disconnect all the power sources, remove the CMOS battery, unplug all the drives, remove the main memory and then perform the power reset

sorry smirk24 you did say its a laptop sometimes that can happen when doing too many things one time

just to add Partha if the laptop have more then one memory install test one memory at a time

(11-29-2017, 02:55 PM)Compton Wrote:  sorry smirk24 you did say its a laptop sometimes that can happen when doing too many things one time

just to add Partha if the laptop have more then one memory install test one memory at a time

Laptop

how old is your laptop?

(11-29-2017, 02:55 PM)Compton Wrote:  sorry smirk24 you did say its a laptop sometimes that can happen when doing too many things one time

But it happends when you power on the computer and see the logo with the keys to enter the bios or boot options

Im not exactly sure how old it is but hp has drivers for windows 2000,xp,vista,7
HP Compaq 6910p is the laptop

When you enter the BIOS see if you can change boot function to 'Quick Boot'.