Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
google play push notifications on home screen on tablet
somehow i keep seeing full screen ads from google play store on tablet. i cant show any of said ads because im on the pc right now..but i assure you, they appear in a random succession. luckily they dont popup when on the pc. if its a new way to get attention, they are successful in their endeavours. they appear when iam on ghostery browser as well as youtube. how discouraging it is when you work your butt off creating a video like britec, and your audience start to see google play ads? there must be a way to stop this from happening.

Please read forum rules

done
(12-02-2017, 04:57 AM)f23948 Wrote:  Please read forum rules

done.

It could be due to adware or the browser cache; as far as I know, the Play Store ads don't usually pop up like that

I would like you to clear all the cache of the installed browsers and see if the ads continue to appear

thats what i do everyday, clear out cache from all apps. ive installed malwarebytes just incase. it did found malware in an app called "devicetest" tool or device test...i cant disable it or them. maybe i should delete all the recent updates for youtube app?

Uninstall the device test app then and see if it makes a difference; also, run a scan with Clean Master and let it remove whatever it detects as junk

please give clean master all the permissions it needs so that it can dive in wherever it needs to, to clean the space properly

Don't waste your time with Clean Master or any crap from Cheetah Mobile, the permissions their apps want (but don't need) is nothing more than an invasion of privacy and a drain on resources.

Are you getting adverts in the YT app videos them selves or even before the video plays, if so this is normal due to Google's advert law on mobile devices.

Do you have ES File Explorer installed?

(12-02-2017, 01:20 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Don't waste your time with Clean Master or any crap from Cheetah Mobile, the permissions their apps want (but don't need) is nothing more than an invasion of privacy and a drain on resources.
Man, what did CM do to you? lol! Jokes  apart, I can tell that the apps made by Cheetah Mobile  are very useful and work beautifully

I've tried them, they're not all that. It's a bit like installing iObit products or anything by Enigma, just a waste of resources.

(12-02-2017, 01:41 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  I've tried them, they're not all that. It's a bit like installing iObit products or anything by Enigma, just a waste of resources.
Would you like to elaborate? I use some products from IObit and believe me, they are not bad either