Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The (boot into windows) option is missing from BIOS menu
Well, i ran into user acct corruption tonight. Tried to use recovery flash drive but it failed! Tried using a saved restore point, that failed too. I cant even get into safe mode. All i need is to get back to boot into windows. Any helpful hints to why the windows option to boot into is gone and how to restore it. The last resort is to get an install disk. Windows 10 is trying my patience

(12-23-2017, 05:13 AM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  Well, i ran into user acct corruption tonight. Tried to use recovery flash drive but it failed! Tried using a saved restore point, that failed too. I cant even get into safe mode. All i need is to get back to boot into windows. Any helpful hints to why the windows option to boot into is gone and how to restore it. The last resort is to get an install disk. Windows 10 is trying my patience

What were you doing that you think caused the account corruption issue?

PrimeDirective64, try booting up to your install disk once youve done that select your language and keyboard then click next.

After clicking next then click repair which is in the bottom left hand side and choose startup repair and let us know how it goes.

I know i was trying to run a specific program...gah! I may not be cutout to operate a pc... I dont have a install disk. And the recovery flash only allows me to get to advanced options. And in there, (recover from a drive) thats where recovery flash fails. I go to advanced options and in there : (sys restore, sys img recovery, startup repair and go back to previous version) fails iam only left with a workable option, command prompt. Theres a way to regain control through cmd, i want to know how.

Does it error out when you attempt the recovery? What exactly makes you say that it fails?

https://youtu.be/FP4sAhmH_Oo

The link above will show you step by step on how to create the installation media and you shouldn't receive an error using this disk you create

Entry removed

UPDATE

took the pc for free diagnostic. Will learn later in the day whether or not pc can be saved or would need to reinstall os. I await the email that will arrive after 2pm, local time