Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade recommendations?
(12-30-2017, 06:56 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  
(12-30-2017, 03:59 PM)Ajaay27 Wrote:  Hi Compton, I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 980ti. Here's the list of my current computer parts but with the upgraded CPU, RAM and Motherboard I selected. Whats your opinions?
Hey Ajaay27,

Because of what you are investing... I would change the cooler to something larger like an H100i v2, and instead of the WD Blue (Mainstream Drives), I would go with WD Black (Performance Drives).

How are you implementing the Samsung SSD's?

Hi Larry, Yeah I did plan to upgrade that too at some point. I like the look of the NZXT Kraken X62 CPU Cooler. One of my SSD's has Windows 10 pro on it, The other SSD has my steam games on it (So they load quicker etc). One of the WD 1tb HDD drives has all my music production samples, projects and VST's on it and the other 1tb HDD has movies, TV shows etc on it. Thank you for the recommendation on the WD black performance drives! For now I just wanted to upgrade my CPU, RAM and motherboard just so I had a more updated system. Here's a look at what my system currently looks like right now:

I also did a side panel MOD on my Define r5 for anyone that is interested. I made a bigger glass panel Big Grin I must give credit to Paulshardware for the inspiration though!

nice mod to the case that glass looks real clean what did you use Windex   Big Grin just kidding

HAHA, Compton Big Grin Yeah I give it a little shine up every now and again Wink Thank you!