Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Follow up Load Language Filed-Farber Scan report
Hi Compton,

Here are the first and addition text files.  Regarding your question how is the system working in general, after the usual slow startup (sometimes it does seem to boot faster than usual), it's better. Chrome browser is working better-before, launch time took forever to open the browser, websites took for ever to open - that's better now.  Sometimes I get a sttray64.exe app error (I believe when shutting down/restarting) I click ok and it goes away. Also, after system boots up there's a pop up message with the MS Store Logo: "How do you want to open this File?" "Look for an App in the Store" and there is a check box already checked with a message: Always use this App to open .disabled Files. Once you click on the taskbar it disappears. But, overall I would say the system is better. I haven't opened any other programs or documents since it is not my computer. Oh, could you please let me know which memory to purchase for upgrading to 4 gigs?

Sorry Compton I know your requested a copy and paste in my next post, but I received the following message, so I am attaching zip files.

Please correct the following errors before continuing:

The message is too long. Please enter a message shorter than 65535 characters (currently 139615).

Attached Files
.zip   FRST.zip (Size: 13.04 KB / Downloads: 615)
.zip   Addition.zip (Size: 15.83 KB / Downloads: 663)

I will look into memory upgrade when I have some time tomorrow

I see nothing  major when it comes malware but a few things need to be corrected

uninstall the following programs using revo uninstaller.

1. Plus-HD-4.5
  2. Java™ 6 Update
  3. 22IDT Audio
  4. Best Buy pc app
  5. Best Buy pc app
  6. Bing Rewards Client Installer
  7. GoTo Opener
  8. GoToAssist
  9. GoToMeeting

Revo Uninstaller is more thorough in deleting programs on your computer than using the Add/Remove option in Windows.  Since it is a more powerful tool, please be sure to follow the instructions carefully.

Please note there is a chance when you look for this program to uninstall through Revo it might not be listed because of the previous uninstall.  If that is the case simply stop and let me know.

• Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free
  • Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.
  • From the list of programs double click on the program you want to remove
  • When prompted if you want to uninstall click Yes.
  • Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next.
  • The program will run, If prompted again click Yes
  • When the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next
  • Once the program has searched for leftovers click Next.
  • Check the items in bold only on the list then click Delete.  You may have to expand some folders by clicking the "+" mark.
  • When prompted click on Yes and then on Next.
  • Put a check on any folders that are found and select Delete
  • When prompted select Yes then Next
  • Once done click Finish.

reset internet explorer

How to Reset Internet Explorer

reset Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10

Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10

Hi Compton,

I am attaching a snap shot of Revo Uninstaller that I downloaded so you can see what it's like on this computer. Nothing is in bold.  I was able to delete Plus-HD-4.5. I deleted Java tm 6 Update.  In your list of programs to uninstall, numbers 3 to 6 is not shown in Revo.  I will have to check with the owner if he is still uses GoToMeeting before I delete (don't want to be in trouble).  Now a issue has surface: When I right click on a program found in Revo, there is an option to search google for.. it opens the Edge browser, the attached picture indicates what I am getting, so there is a problem with the edge browser. I will do the other resets as soon as I get a chance. I just wanted to get a jump start on this new issue that has arise,

cdiana

Attached Files
.zip   Edge Browser.zip (Size: 80.31 KB / Downloads: 637)
.zip   Revo Uninstaller Window.zip (Size: 93.84 KB / Downloads: 628)

use  how to Uninstall a program using Geek Uninstaller

reset Microsoft Edge

do the following guide 3. Do a complete repair of all the programs features.

Repair Internet Connection Problems

when it comes to memory upgrade GB Upgrade for a Dell Inspiron N5010 System (DDR3 PC3-12800, NON-ECC

Hi Compton,

Thanks for the info regarding memory upgrade. Out of curiosity, can this system take an 8 GB upgrade? I will be performing the other software repairs you mentioned in last thread later today and let you know how it works out.

cdiana

yes it should

Hello Compton,

Unfortunately Edge is still not working. I followed the steps exactly as shown in the video, which they are easy to follow. I attempted twice. I even tried a possibly fix where I typed in the address bar: about:flags and then once it's opened I reset all flagRs to default, but still not working. Also, regarding "Restore Default File Type association" matter, when I download the file (File Association Fixer v2) and I click on the file, Windows Photo Viewer window automatically opens up and indicates Loading and it takes forever. I used File Extension Fixer program instead. So I just need help with Edge at this time.

Thanks

cdiana

do you do following? Repair Internet Connection Problems

3. Do a complete repair of all the programs features.

Looks to me like Edge is trying to use HTTP over HTTPS protocol, try typing directly into the URL one of the following;

Quote:https://www.google.com

https://www.google.com/ncr