Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acronis Question
I bought Acronis 2017 last year and have used it to clone a drive a couple of times. I have a system where I have 3 ssd's and 2 hard drives that are connected. I use another large 2 tb drive that I hook up when I want to do a backup. My question is this. I only have 2 drives that actually have information that I absolutely need C: and G: drives. If I used Acronis to do a "full" backup of all the files on C: (in other words everything is checked ...system, Windows , appdata, ect.) and my G: drive....If and when I have to use the backup will it be the same as using a Windows system Clone restore? Everything seems to be covered in the backup with Acronis, but I have never actually tried to restore my system by using Acronis. So, lets say that one day in the future, Windows gets corrupted...Will the backup I made with Acronis get everything back the way it was or would I have to resort to using the Windows 10 clone restore? Thanks in advance.
Paul

For a full backup I would recommend the clone feature. As far as the image backups go you should ALWAYS test and confirm that those backups are not corrupt. Don't just assume.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(02-06-2018, 03:02 PM)Timster Wrote:  For a full backup I would recommend the clone feature. As far as the image backups go you should ALWAYS test and confirm that those backups are not corrupt. Don't just assume.

Ya. That's what I have been doing, but unfortunately that would require me to buy more drives to clone them all. Don't understand why Acronis doesn't offer a clone the "entire" system option. When restoring a backup, I noticed the options said "restore in exact location and path". That's why I thought maybe Acronis would work for the recovery of a damaged system.
Paul