Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a question about bluetooth
i want to use my bluetooth enabled headphone on the pc.. i see the bluetooth setting, but when try scan for active bluetooth connection, it couldnt find any. how do i get it to work...do i download a driver from microsoft update catalog?

(02-14-2018, 06:43 AM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  i want to use my bluetooth enabled headphone on the pc.. i see the bluetooth setting, but when try scan for active bluetooth connection, it couldnt find any. how do i get it to work...do i download a driver from microsoft update catalog?

First you have to make sure your computer has Bluetooth installed on the system. You can figure out if you have bluetooth by checking your device manager.

If you have windows 8-10 you can right click on the windows icon and selecting device manager.

So for now lets make sure your computer has Bluetooth once you have done that let us know and we'll get you headed in the right direction

heres device list

looks like need to install driver

(02-14-2018, 05:53 PM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  heres device list

looks like need to install driver

There should be a black sticker on your computer that has something to do with your model of pc. Can you find it and pust the model number to the forum?

there

(02-15-2018, 04:41 PM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  there

Usually id prefer what the black sticker on the bottom of the laptop about the model number but you can try this

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X540SA/HelpDesk_Download/

i have downloaded the file but i dont see it anywhere in device list, only programs list

and another thing, since im manually updating drivers, should i also update bios too

You don't have a Bluetooth device built into your system. It would show up in DeviceManager under Battery and Network Adaptors.