Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can i use a usb to flash bios on hp 6910p
So i took my computer apart to clean up the cpu well once i got it back together the computer powered and the screen stayed black so i turned it back on and it i got the post screen with the logo and press f10 for bios and f9 for boot options well it wont let me enter the bios.

The computer is an hp 6910p

Power off the device, remove the battery and keep the power button pressed for around 20 seconds; it should let you enter the bios after that

(03-13-2018, 08:49 AM)Partha Wrote:  Power off the device, remove the battery and keep the power button pressed for around 20 seconds; it should let you enter the bios after that

I took the battery out and used a stop watch to count to 20seconds put the battery back in and still no luck

you might need to reset the bios by  removing the bios battery

Come to find out its the key board that wont allow me to access the bios because i plugged a usb key board into and accessed it with no problems so i booted up windows updated drivers and only some of the keys work so i reseated the keyboard and tried again still the same thing

sounds like a failing keyboard

(03-13-2018, 11:31 PM)Compton Wrote:  sounds like a failing keyboard

Yeah it probably is but im not gonna invest in the money to replace it for awhile so we can close the thread. Thanks for your help guys

Well i was able to fix the keyboard and its working well now. I cleaned up the cpu and reapplied thermal paste so hopefully the temps stay lower than they were.

(I was shoving the keyboard cable to far into the socket (i think its called socket) so it wasnt hitting all the pins on the ribbon cable)