Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acronis Question
i have been using Acronis for years, but in all that time, I have never actually made a total system backup and tried to restore it. What I mean is...I have 4 SSD's and 3 large Hard drives. i have a very large 3 terabyte drive that i have been using Windows 10 cloning to make a copy of the total system. I have had times where the Windows clone did not work when restoring. I have had less of these experiences with Acronis. Mostly I make clones of C: and F: drives (which are my main drives) All the rest of the drives contain games, so I can always restore them by my steam backups. What I want to know is... if I select "entire system" backup in Acronis and lets say I want to wipe all drives and restore all 7 drives at once with the Acronis backup... will it work just like a clone would? i normally just take the clone out of the drawer, hook up the sata and power and clone it back on C: or F:. But would restoring a "entire PC" backup with Acronis restore all the drives perfectly, at the same time? (files, settings, system, games, and all) ??
Paul

(04-29-2018, 03:54 AM)PaulIIII Wrote:  i have been using Acronis for years, but in all that time, I have never actually made a total system backup and tried to restore it. What I mean is...I have 4 SSD's and 3 large Hard drives. i have a very large 3 terabyte drive that i have been using Windows 10 cloning to make a copy of the total system. I have had times where the Windows clone did not work when restoring. I have had less of these experiences with Acronis. Mostly I make clones of C: and F: drives (which are my main drives) All the rest of the drives contain games, so I can always restore them by my steam backups. What I want to know is... if I select "entire system" backup in Acronis and lets say I want to wipe all drives and restore all 7 drives at once with the Acronis backup... will it work just like a clone would? i normally just take the clone out of the drawer, hook up the sata and power and clone it back on C: or F:. But would restoring a "entire PC" backup with Acronis restore all the drives perfectly, at the same time? (files, settings, system, games, and all) ??
About 9 minutes and 10 seconds into the video carey talks about what i beleive your trying to do

https://youtu.be/ktf7LwhlF1s

yes it would restoring a "entire PC" backup with Acronis restore all the drives perfectly, at the same time files, settings, system, games, and all)

(04-29-2018, 04:17 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  
(04-29-2018, 03:54 AM)PaulIIII Wrote:  i have been using Acronis for years, but in all that time, I have never actually made a total system backup and tried to restore it. What I mean is...I have 4 SSD's and 3 large Hard drives. i have a very large 3 terabyte drive that i have been using Windows 10 cloning to make a copy of the total system. I have had times where the Windows clone did not work when restoring. I have had less of these experiences with Acronis. Mostly I make clones of C: and F: drives (which are my main drives) All the rest of the drives contain games, so I can always restore them by my steam backups. What I want to know is... if I select "entire system" backup in Acronis and lets say I want to wipe all drives and restore all 7 drives at once with the Acronis backup... will it work just like a clone would? i normally just take the clone out of the drawer, hook up the sata and power and clone it back on C: or F:. But would restoring a "entire PC" backup with Acronis restore all the drives perfectly, at the same time? (files, settings, system, games, and all) ??
About 9 minutes and 10 seconds into the video carey talks about what i beleive your trying to do

https://youtu.be/ktf7LwhlF1s

He is talking about "cloning" not a "entire PC" backup. I already use the clone feature. What I haven't done is the "entire PC" selection on Acronis and backed all that up. I have 7 drives. All to be backed up to a 3 terabyte WD blue HD. Compton says that it will work. I was thinking a backup would miss some of the files and settings that a clone wouldn't, before posting this.
Paul

ok all 7 drivers are installed internally inside the computer

if so yes an Entire PC" backup in Acronis will backup all 7 drives and restore them the same way you had them

if you clone the Entire PC and all drives it would be same as an Entire PC" backup

(04-29-2018, 08:21 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok all 7 drivers are installed internally inside the computer

if so yes an Entire PC" backup in Acronis will backup all 7 drives and restore them the same way you had them

if  you clone the Entire PC and all drives it would be same as an Entire PC" backup

Thank you!
Thread closed
Paul

welcome