Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What settings should be changed in the bios of an HP DX 7300 Slim tower
I have an HP Dx 7300 slim tower business pc and in the bios i seen quiet a few options from storage configurations,pci device irqs and power management.

I downloaded the manual that is for the f10 setup from the hp website for my computer well going through the manual didnt help so much and i stopped looking at once the manual said the bios has the option of ahci which going into the bios i only have raid,ide or disabled so i looked on line and seem to keep running in to the modern bios and not (i wanna say legacy) bios.

And with the irq for devices theres like 11 devices which mainly include the usb controllers and then theres ethernet,audio and my graphics card. The values to choose for each device are disabled,irq 5,irq 10 and irq 11. And i have this idea that the graphics irq should have its own irq and share with the other devices but then again im not sure.

How would i go about figuring out what to configure in the bios?
Computer link to manufacture

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-dx7300-slim-tower-pc/3251396

If you're using legacy equipment then ide would be fine unless you're using a raid setup which it doesn't sound like you are.

The irq's I would leave alone as they define priority 1 being highest 16 the lowest. Usually the system will decide according to hardware being used.

(05-28-2018, 04:29 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  If you're using legacy equipment then ide would be fine unless you're using a raid setup which it doesn't sound like you are.

The irq's I would leave alone as they define priority 1 being highest 16 the lowest. Usually the system will decide according to hardware being used.

Oh okay i just thought it was weird how some of the usb ports had higher priority than others

(05-29-2018, 07:52 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  
(05-28-2018, 04:29 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  If you're using legacy equipment then ide would be fine unless you're using a raid setup which it doesn't sound like you are.

Oh okay i just thought it was weird how some of the usb ports had higher priority than others

Thanks for your help gs. We can close the thread