Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disk drive having 200 mb free space, and 80 gb after a reboot
Bug 
Sooo

I was editing a video with hitfilm today, and I wanted to photoshop a picture, and ps didnt start up and said: scratch disks are full... I checked and my c drive had like 200 mb free space, when it had 80 gb just a few hours ago...
I was confused, and I did a disk cleanup, it finished, now it said there is 1.5 gb of free space, I cleared my recycle bin, and refreshed the page, 300 mb free space?!!!!
I tried to run another disk cleanup, but the window didnt appear.
I restarted my pc and checked my c drive, 80 gb of free space.

I am still very confused, what happened, can someone please help me?

(06-16-2018, 06:15 PM)Emerald tip Wrote:  Sooo

I was editing a video with hitfilm today, and I wanted to photoshop a picture, and ps didnt start up and said: scratch disks are full... I checked and my c drive had like 200 mb free space, when it had 80 gb just a few hours ago...
I was confused, and I did a disk cleanup, it finished, now it said there is 1.5 gb of free space, I cleared my recycle bin, and refreshed the page, 300 mb free space?!!!!
I tried to run another disk cleanup, but the window didnt appear.
I restarted my pc and checked my c drive, 80 gb of free space.

I am still very confused, what happened, can someone please help me?

You can try space sniffer which can be downloaded
from this link
https://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/download.html

System restore points can take up a lot of space also so it probably wouldn't hurt to delete some restore points you dont need.

Videos can take up a lot of space on the hard drive for example a video that is 10min long can sometimes take up a gig of hard drive space.

But try space sniffer out because it'll show you whats taking up hard drive space

Paul