Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC no signal to monitor
Hi everyone, any thoughts on why a PC I have isn't sending any video out to my monitor?

I have tried a different monitor and graphics card which both work but still no video out? I have tried holding down the power button without the power cable for 30 seconds to a minute, plugged it back in and still nothing. All the cables seem to be seated correctly, I have also taken the ram sticks out and tested one by one. Every fan is spinning, hard drive seems to be working too. I'm a bit lost.

Any advice?

sound like a motherboard problem

I did a tutorial on it hope it helps https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=875&highlight=how++to+troubleshoot+a+PC+with+no+display

I would hook up a temporary known good power supply next.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

Thank you, Compton, I'm not sure if the motherboard is dead due to the fact everything still powers up and there are a few red LEDs on the motherboard which light up when the power is switched on. So there seems to be enough power going through the board to everything.

Thank you Timster, I will hook up a spare power supply and try that next.

The person I'm trying to fix the issue for said their dad moved the computer and it hadn't worked since. My first thought was maybe the graphics card had come loose but it didn't.

with motherboards, it can light up but it can be bad

if it's not the power supply it the motherboard

If i understand correctly you are not getting a picture on your monitor?

Have you tried using a different video input/output cable?

Or notice any bends on the i/o channels of the computer?

And has this monitor always been used on the computer that the problem is on?

The PC doesn't belong to me it was brought to me to fix. They were having an issue with the PC that wouldn't display any video out to their monitor which was displaying a message along the lines of no video input detected. According to the person, it worked fine until their dad moved the PC.

When I got the PC to fix, I hooked it up to my monitor via HDMI and got the same problem, no video input detected. So that is two different monitors it has failed on. I will try hooking up a VGA monitor and try again but in the meantime I have checked inside the case, I have also tried the graphics card in another slot which didn't work, I have tried putting in another graphics card which also didn't work so I'm pretty sure it is not to graphics card. I have so far removed the ram, removed the hard drives and optical drive and tried to get video out but there is still nothing. I also tried taking the graphics card out and tried the HDMI cable in the back of the motherboards video output but still got nothing, i'm unsure if this PC has a CPU with onboard graphics at this point.

I'm going to try another monitor with VGA first then I'm going to try another power supply.

Ajaay27 did find the problem?

It could be the RAM or the port where the RAM is installed. Did you  install another compatible RAM and check?

(07-08-2018, 06:48 PM)Partha Wrote:  It could be the RAM or the port where the RAM is installed. Did you  install another compatible RAM and check?
Yeah I see where the OP said the ram was removed but never stated that known good ram was introduced.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net