Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSD only showing I folder"Contents"
I have 2 SSD's one Mushkin Reactor 1TB and 1 Samsung EVO850 500GB that have a large number of files stored on these drives as Backups. I do not leave them connected to my Windows 10 PC, and only connect them when I have a bunch of files to archive. Never had an issue before, but the last time I tried to connect these drives I was presented with a problem I have been unable to solve. Both drives show only 1 folder named "Contents" the folder both contain files but none of them are recognizable or able to open. IScreenshot attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk info

(08-02-2018, 12:49 PM)Compton Wrote:  how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk info

Looks like they both test OK!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Muskin Reactor 1TB.jpg (Size: 151.55 KB / Downloads: 37)

run this on both drives How to Scan a Hard Drive Using 'Error Checking

(08-02-2018, 05:02 PM)Compton Wrote:  run this on both drives How to Scan a Hard Drive Using 'Error Checking

Both drives scanned surprisingly quick but the drives show no errors or abnormalities.

if you plug it into a  other computer are having the same problem

if so then run

(08-03-2018, 12:04 PM)Compton Wrote:  if you plug it into  other computer are having the same problem

if so then run

I think I figured out what caused this issue. I have a Samsung 4K tizen o/s TV. This TV was purchased in Mexico and it has a built in DVR. I tried both of these Drives for storage/recording on that TV, and I believe the TV has a different format. thus the one folder with contents. I tried formatting one of the drives using windows and I can swap this drive out without any issues now. The other drive that had a ton of files on it, I used your last suggestion and was able to reclaim my files. Lesson learned.

glad you got it working