Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP - PAVILION P6-2003W RUNNING WINDOWS 10, 1803 – SHUTDOWN PROBLEM
(09-13-2018, 12:21 PM)Compton Wrote:  update all driver on the system using  snippy driver

make sure you create a restore point first

1. ok download  snippy driver  SDI Lite
  2. https://sdi-tool.org/download/
  3. run snippy driver
  4. select download indexes  only for this PC

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3779]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok - I downloaded Snippy Driver and followed all of your instructions (Created a Restore Point, Ran Snippy Driver, Selected "Download indexes only for this PC".

There was a newer version of my AMD Radeon Graphics Driver, as well as the SDA Controller Driver, but that was it. --- I'm sorry, but the PC is still doing the same thing; the fans keep running after I click the Windows button and choose "Shut Down" - and then I have to manually press the Power Button for about 5 seconds to get the PC to shut down completely.

I was really hoping your "Snippy Driver" suggestion would work...

So, where do we go from here? Remember: This PC has a brand new (never used) motherboard, brand new HDD's, refurbished optical drive that works great, brand new matching set of 4GB (8GB total) Kingston memory sticks. All USB and card reader slots work like brand new. All peripherals are also giving me no problems (ethernet printer, keyboard, mouse, dual-monitors). --- The only part that hasn't been replaced is the PSU, but the computer technician friend of mine brought over a replacement PSU that was just a tad newer, but the PC still did the same thing.

I would LOVE to set this computer on a table somewhere and let you all "have at it" until we all figured it out. --- I have NEVER been this baffled before; especially after essentially building whole new PC...

Anxiously looking forward to your reply. And thanks! Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP - PAVILION P6-2003W RUNNING WINDOWS 10, 1803 – SHUTDOWN PROBLEM - donehomr - 09-19-2018, 12:10 AM