Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP - PAVILION P6-2003W RUNNING WINDOWS 10, 1803 – SHUTDOWN PROBLEM
Well, I completely started from a clean slate (wiped the HDD and re-partitioned, then installed a clean copy of the W10 Oct 2018 version from the media creation tool and USB stick - before Microsoft pulled the upgrade) - but was no help, I'm still having the same problem. And by the way (I know you all will want to know this...); the only problem I have had with the Oct 2018 version itself was that it deleted a few files I keep in my Downloads folder, but I had a complete backup on an external HDD, so that was no issue, and there have been no further issues since.

So anyway... I'm still having the same shut-down problem as before. - The only thing left to do now that I haven't tried is replacing the PSU (the PSU that my friend brought over and tested the system with wasn't an exact duplicate to my current PSU, and he didn't unplug/test all of the cables/connectors to the individual boards and components, just the main power to the motherboard).

I found an exact duplicate to my PSU on eBay for $23.00 & free shipping (just a bit higher power only difference) - so I'm going to give that a shot; should be here by Tuesday 10/23. -- If it doesn't fix the situation, then I'm just going to have to live with pressing the main power button for 5 seconds at shut down until I can afford a new PC.

Will keep you posted... thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP - PAVILION P6-2003W RUNNING WINDOWS 10, 1803 – SHUTDOWN PROBLEM - donehomr - 10-18-2018, 12:56 PM