Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
windows defender anti virus wont update itself
this seems to be occuring problem..for 2 weeks going on, windows defender anti virus wont update. last 2 times it failed. its essential that my pc has up to date protection. whats going on? -maybe ill try find way to get around this while i await some answers

Are you using Windows 8.1 or 10?

Disable any other antivirus program then next to see if it will update

If it's Windows 10 try running the Updates Troubleshooter.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

first off pardon me for being inattentive when replying to any previous threads... my excuse is lots of things going on offline. back to the issue at hand..i have win10 64bit. heres screenshot after another attempt just now. first time this happened. and i only have defender on , no other anti virus programs. i really need those updated definitions soon

Fix Windows Update Error 0x80010108

windows 10 is really trying my patience..i went through the steps from the link..ran troubleshoot again, same thing, no update. -choose to view all list. restarted, same error. went to services.msc. the only thing missing in the list was MSI installer..its not listed in services. but anyways, chose to set automatic for the services i did find in list., right clicked windows update service to restart it. also did re-register wups2.dll, restarted. the issue still isnt resolved. i guess the only 2 options i didnt try are perform clean boot and disable anti virus (defender) and the last resort is repair install win 10.

so many problems cropped up with this OS.

maybe i can try the microsoft update catalog site? what do i look for in there -in terms of updating defender definitions. give me all the hints.

I would try Manually download the latest updates scroll down and look for Manually download the latest updates

ok i tried double click mpam file...nothing happened. this is very odd. first time update failed at every attempt..

How about trying WSUS Offline Update Service

I am with you 100% on how buggy things show up in Win 10. Seems as soon as one thing is fixed another one surfaces.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net