Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to save copyrighted Movies that you own, to your PC
This is a disclaimer...this is not for piracy or theft of property rights...but for legal copying and backup of movies and dvd's that you actually own. This will enable you to move the movie to your other devices, phone, android, tablet, etc... (this guide is for Windows)[/color]

Directions:
You might want to download and install VLC Media player. Step not required, but definitely worth it. VLC plays almost every movie format known to man!

Step 1  .. navigate to http://www.handbrake.fr  download the latest release of Handbrake and save it to your computer. I would suggest putting it on your desktop for easy access.
Step 2  .. navigate to http://www.videolan.org hold your cursor over the "Projects" tab. In the dropdown that lights up, click on "livdvdcss" scroll down on the page and locate the highlighted word "releases" ...Click on "releases" ..select 1.2.12/   Select the 32 or 64 bit version needed for your particular PC. There you will see a file...Download this file. Once downloaded, right-click and "cut" the contents of the file. Navigate to explorer / This PC / Local Disk C: / Program files / Handbrake   double click on handbrake. "Paste" the file you "cut" into the directory that pops up, anywhere you want....just drop it. It is a .dll file. Close handbrake.

Now get a dvd movie (no blu rays) and load it into your cd/dvd player tray of the PC.
Open up Handbrake and you should see the movie selection pop up on the left side of hand side of Handbrake. Click on the movie you loaded. Handbrake will "scan titles" ...Once it's done, select 480p X 3 under "presets" (1080p will gain you nothing other than it will take longer) having your cursor over "presets" the little arrow to the right, select "general" " 480p X 30 fast"
click on the "chapters" tab and deselect "create chapter markers" (Step not required but I do it) Click on "Subtitles" i deselect all subtitles (especially foriegn) and Save it.  Now the default settings will work perfectly. NOTE.. under the tab "Video" you will see a slider...I recommend moving this to 1 or 0 if you have a good processor. Standard settings will work, this just makes the quality much better.
Go down to the bottom of the page and click "browse" enter the name of the movie you want and path to save it under followed by .mp4
Go up to the top button "Start encode" and watch your movie get copied and put on your PC!!!!

Works perfectly.
I put this info
up, for forum members.
Paul