Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Not enough memory resources..."
Sad 
Today while repairing a client's desktop with Windows 10 installed.
Main issue was a "boot loop" Bios post to welcome screen & back to Bios screen. Angry
So booted into USB Windows 10 and under "Advanced Options" choose Command Prompt and ran "bootrec.exe /fixmbr only to get this error message "Not enough memory resources..."

Said desktop has 16GB DDR3 installed, working fine.

Just did a "Windows Reset" and replaced just three legit programs as rest was "file sharing" and "free Movie" types that more than likely did the damage!

Looked online to understand what had happened but only one I found that answers this directly states: Cause
This issue occurs because a resource file is not included in the components that are responsible for keeping these copyright strings. As a result, when the command prompt tries to read the string, it cannot find the string, and it assumes the reason that the string was not found is a low-memory condition.

Can someone translate this to english for me?

(10-30-2018, 02:38 AM)HighTide Wrote:  Today while repairing a client's desktop with Windows 10 installed.
Main issue was a "boot loop" Bios post to welcome screen & back to Bios screen. Angry
So booted into USB Windows 10 and under "Advanced Options" choose Command Prompt and ran "bootrec.exe /fixmbr only to get this error message "Not enough memory resources..."

Just did a "Windows Reset" and replaced just three legit programs as rest was "file sharing" and "free Movie" types that more than likely did the damage!

Looked online to understand what had happened but only one I found that answers this directly states: Cause
This issue occurs because a resource file is not included in the components that are responsible for keeping these copyright strings. As a result, when the command prompt tries to read the string, it cannot find the string, and it assumes the reason that the string was not found is a low-memory condition.

1. Check the hard drives health

2. Check the event logs

3. Sfc /scannow

4. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

5. Chkdsk /f /r

6. Backup what you can and download windows 10 media creation tool and reinstall windows.

Is this what you found?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4339170/not-enough-memory-resources-error-cmd-winpe-windows-10

(10-30-2018, 04:37 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  
(10-30-2018, 02:38 AM)HighTide Wrote:  Today while repairing a client's desktop with Windows 10 installed.

1. Check the hard drives health

2. Check the event logs

3. Sfc /scannow

4. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

5. Chkdsk /f /r

6. Backup what you can and download windows 10 media creation tool and reinstall  windows.

Is this what you found?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4339170/not-enough-memory-resources-error-cmd-winpe-windows-10

Yes, Thats what I found when searching after the fact.
I did get a change to check H/D/ Health all was good on his 500GB Samsung SSD
After "Windows Reset" all was running great again with his 16GB Ram
Just wished to understand what caused that error message, as I never encountered it before.