Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non Bootable PC
Hi Brian and Forum Members
Ok here is the Problem I'm having ... A friend of mine brought a machine ( Desktop ) that would no longer boot Win 10 to Me , The machine gives multiple BSOD error's ranging from WHEA Uncorrectable Error , Driver Overrun Stack buffer error . Kernal Power error , etc .
I'v tried to boot from Win 10 disk to repair machine BSOD . tried to re-install win 10 which loads files from windows disk then BSOD . Tried to install Windows 7 from official Microsoft Windows 7 pro ISO BSOD ( all attempts from internal DVD/CD drive ) Tried to Load Win 7 and 10 from USB iso BSOD . I'v run Memtest 86 on Dual channel ddr2 ram and got over 700 errors on RAM . Ran Memtest 86 on Single channel dimm slots on each Module and in Different slots and get No errors when dimms are tested on their own . I'v tried another PSU and same issues , Tried known good ram modules BSOD . Tried clean install on 2 different hdd's and one SSD and BSOD . Can I assume there is a board failure ??? I'v also updated to latest BIOS revision from MSI directly ( Also set BIOS back to Fail Safe defaults ) , The MB is a G31M3-Ms-7528 ... There is no PCI-e cards connected or any extrenal usb's or External hardware connected to the machine at all ... I also changed SATA cable and disconnected the DVD drive to see if that was causing boot errors but no Change ... It's a Intel Core duo 2 processor installed and the Stock cooler and processor have been cleaned and thermal paste re-applied ( in case heat issues ) ....If Anyone can confirm that in their opinion that the board is faulty OR something I haven't Considered re- Repair then I would be very Grateful ...
Have a great day All
Kind regards
Noel Huh Huh Huh

Downloads latest version of windows 10 put in on a flash drive then try loading from it

How old is the computer

(12-02-2018, 01:50 PM)Compton Wrote:  Downloads latest version of windows 10 put in on a flash drive then try loading from it

How old is the computer

Hi
already Done that Sir ,, downloaded 1809 and tried to boot from DVD and USB 1809 and no difference ... Loads files and bluescreens before gets to Setup .... Using Built in Graphics on Intel GPU . Machine around 9 years old ... Only thing i did not mention in original post was The guy who owns PC before problem started installed a Radeon graphics card and problem started BUT he removed card and Problem continued ...

Thanks For Response

OK download a Linux iso put it on flash drive

Then check to see if it will boot to Linux then try instlling

This shoud tell us if its hardware or software problem

(12-02-2018, 02:01 PM)Compton Wrote:  OK download a Linux iso put it on flash drive

Then check to see if it will boot to Linux then try instlling

This shoud tell us if its hardware or software problem

Hi
I'v Tried that also and the machine re-boots before GUI loads and also Tried to Load hirens boot CD and run Winxp mini and then machine reboots ... Using Hirens I managed to Run Memtest 86 program ( as Stated in original post ) BUT that's all that would load ( Nothing else )

Just for Laughs I also tried to install Vista to see if it would get to Setup screen BUT BSOD...

Thanks For Continued Replies
Noel

OK at. This point its

Memory

Graphics

Motherboard

You said you tested the memory

Do you have a old Graphics card you can test with?

(12-02-2018, 02:15 PM)Compton Wrote:  OK at. This point its

Memory

Graphics

Motherboard

You said you tested the memory

Do you have a old Graphics card you can test with?

Hi
Yes I'v tested with a Nvidia GTX card and couldn't even see bios screen using card HDMI and VGA cables used but no Display ... Only get display on built in graphics vga only ... Used Memtest 86 on both dimms installed got over 700+ errors BUT no errors when Dimms tested alone in both Dimm slots ... WEIRD

Thanks

OK something to go here

Test one memory at a time over night

(12-02-2018, 02:29 PM)Compton Wrote:  OK something to go here

Test one memory at a time over night

Hi
Ok Will Do BUT have got Good DDR2 ram that works which I installed and tried to boot using good ram and there was No change BSOD continued ....

Thanks
Compton

Well if you test using good ram

I would say the motherboard ram slot's are bad

Which means the motbbord is bad