Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't install the update of IObit Uninstaller
Few minutes ago I was trying to install the update of IObit Uninstaller with the latest version. Right down near the end of updating and got the error message. Look below:

Setup

Error creating registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstaller\IObit Uninstaller_is1

RegCreateKeyEX failed: code 5.

Access is denied.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I decided to open up Registry Editor and see the error message that I have on the monitor screen. And here is below:

Error Opening Key

( X ) {3F5C371F-8E42-4F25-9D3D-D0B4526E3AEA} cannot be opened

An error is preventing this key from being opened.

Details: Access is denied.

So I clicked that key to see what prevent me to allow. Then I clicked " Permissions " and all I see with two rows -- first one with " Allow " and second with " Deny " are blank in Full Control, Read and Special Permissions. I did not do anything to edit the registry because if I do and will mess up the registry. what is the best solution for to fix this error.

Guess that I don't have my luck with my computer with problems. Maybe I should " Reset this PC " to solve different area of problems that I have. But have second thought that I should wait till someone here tell me what is the best solution to solve.

Thank you,

-- John

Uninstall IObit uninstaller using https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=2343&highlight=Geek

Then reinstall it