Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Windows 10 Buggy Update Broke My Internet Connection!!! Now what?. . .
Thumbs Down 
It was about 2-3 weeks ago that Windows 10 Professional version 1803 automatically downloaded and installed one of Microsoft's buggy updates to my computer without my permission, and low and behold I had a working Internet connection BEFORE the update installed, then I had to shutdown my computer and go to work that day; I came home from work and turned my computer on and booted up Windows 10 and low and behold, there was no Internet connection. And despite all of my best efforts to research and fix the problem, I have come up with no solution so far, and I think the cause of the problem must be buried somewhere deep in the operating system that is far beyond my knowledge to know what to do to fix it, and hopefully not somewhere in some secure part of the operating system where the problem is beyond my access and unrepairable (only accessible to Microsoft, that is).

I have isolated this problem to Windows 10 because my Internet connection still works on the same machine in the Linux operating system. My Internet connection also works when running various boot/rescue disks on the same machine as well as on other devices such as my smartphone and my tablet PC. So, with that in mind, I know that the cause of the problem can't be a hardware issue or a problem with my Internet Service Provider (that doesn't make any sense); it has to be a software issue in Windows 10, since that is the only place where I have no Internet connection.

I have tried many troubleshooting steps to fix this problem, including those listed in this article. Heck, I have even tried converting my physical/native Windows 10 Professional installation into a VMware Virtual Machine image using converstion software from a company called Starwind, and then running Windows 10 in a Virtual Machine on top of Linux Mint and I still have the same problem.

I do not want to have to reinstall Windows 10. If I did it could potentially take me a month to set everything back up again, and that just sounds like such a waste of time and a HUGE setback. I'd rather try and see if there is a way to manually fix the problem before I cave in and give up and just try to do a fresh installation, and then potentially download the same buggy update again in the future and wind up with the same problem all over again (geesh, if only I had more control over the downloading and installing of these updates).

Please help! I need a guardian Angel !!! Desperately!!! Wink

personally i switched back to Windows 7 until Windows 10 really stable is out in the future

(12-08-2018, 09:20 AM)WinXPto10 Wrote:  personally i switched back to Windows 7 until Windows 10 really stable is out in the future

I have heard a rumor somewhere recently that Microsoft will soon be EOLing and dropping support for Windows 7. True or not true?

(12-08-2018, 01:47 PM)FearlessOne4832 Wrote:  
(12-08-2018, 09:20 AM)WinXPto10 Wrote:  personally i switched back to Windows 7 until Windows 10 really stable is out in the future

I have heard a rumor somewhere recently that Microsoft will soon be EOLing and dropping support for Windows 7. True or not true?

Support for Windows 7 will end in 2020.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

windows 10 is getting more bugs every new updates lol jk Big Grin