Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer reboots
Yesterday I was using the computer and it just shut down. After a few minutes or so I could switch it back. So I thought this is strange but the electrician had been in the day before and the power had been on and off a few times. I thought maybe that had something to do with it. I have my speakers plugged into an extension lead. Last night I pulled the speaker plug out and the computer rebooted itself. I did it again and same result. Could this be down to a faulty extension lead. Suddenly why it shut down earlier made sense. There was a fault and it tripped the power. The computer runs absolutely fine with no random reboots.

Yeah its never good to pulg the computer in a extension cord or computer equipment

So should I just replace the extension cord? Have got a new one in a cupboard. Like I say the computer runs fine unless I plug the speakers in and pull the plug out.

no, you should not use an extension cord at all

use a Surge Protector https://www.amazon.com/APC-8-Oultet-Protector-SurgeArrest-P8U2/dp/B017VXT1E4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544678425&sr=8-3&keywords=surge+protector+apc

[quote='Compton' pid='32201' dateline='1544712361']
no, you should not use an extension cord at all

It's just I have a wall socket but no room for the plug for the speakers. That's why I need to use the extension. So I can plug my speakers into the surge protector or are my speakers knackered? They worked fine until I pulled the plug out. It's a three pin plug.

yes you can plugin speaker into surge protector

I would also plugin computer into surge protector

I would say the speaker is good

(12-13-2018, 03:25 PM)Compton Wrote:  yes you can plugin  speaker into surge protector

I would also plugin  computer into surge protector

I would say the speaker is good

Thank you so much for your help Compton. Have to order one of those surge protectors. At least I know why the computer reboots after unplugging speakers.

do keep up to date when you get a surge protector