Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine 2 drives to one drive in same external hard drive
I have no problem to go over Manage then select Disk Management and click the D drive to delete then went over to F drive to extend the drive but got the message. I am not sure what is that about this and here is below:

Disk Management

/ ! \  The operating you seletected will convert the selection
basic(s) to dynamic disk(s). If you convert the disk(s) to dynamic,
you will not be able to start installed operating systems from any
volume on the disk(s) (except the current boot volume).
Are you sure you wan to continue?

Yes  |  No

That is the external hard drive with 2TB which have Steam games. About three weeks ago I got my desktop crash with black screen after selected the Steam game. I believe that is something to do with Windows Update back then. And all I see that Microsoft made a new drive in D: with all Install#.swm " the " # " is representing the number of the files. I have 28 files of INstall#.swm plus _HPUCRM.flg, bootmgr, bootmgr.efi, FactoryUpdate.wim, Info.dat and RP ini. I deleted them to trash. So now I have one drive with 32 GB in D Drive and another is 1832.01 GB in F drive on the same 2TB hard drive. That is why I want to extend the volume into one drive with F and no need with D drive.

Is that why the message tell me if I want to extend to one volume in the same drive. Well my Solid State Drive have Windows 10 as the main drive to run Window 19.

Let me know about this if I go ahead to extend the volume.

John

Check the hard health status

https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=695

https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=678

First want to say thank you to Compton Sue for two links. The first one is not working for me and the second one is but only show one SSD and nothing with another drives at all. Not sure why is that program not showing another drives which I have on my desktop.

Thank you anyway,

John

(12-19-2018, 05:55 PM)imcanadian Wrote:  I have no problem to go over Manage then select Disk Management and click the D drive to delete then went over to F drive to extend the drive but got the message. I am not sure what is that about this and here is below:

Disk Management

/ ! \  The operating you seletected will convert the selection
basic(s) to dynamic disk(s). If you convert the disk(s) to dynamic,
you will not be able to start installed operating systems from any
volume on the disk(s) (except the current boot volume).
Are you sure you wan to continue?

Yes  |  No

That is the external hard drive with 2TB which have Steam games. About three weeks ago I got my desktop crash with black screen after selected the Steam game. I believe that is something to do with Windows Update back then. And all I see that Microsoft made a new drive in D: with all Install#.swm " the " # " is representing the number of the files. I have 28 files of INstall#.swm plus _HPUCRM.flg, bootmgr, bootmgr.efi, FactoryUpdate.wim, Info.dat and RP ini. I deleted them to trash. So now I have one drive with 32 GB in D Drive and another is 1832.01 GB in F drive on the same 2TB hard drive. That is why I want to extend the volume into one drive with F and no need with D drive.

Is that why the message tell me if I want to extend to one volume in the same drive. Well my Solid State Drive have Windows 10 as the main drive to run Window 19.

Let me know about this if I go ahead to extend the volume.

John

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-one-large-volume-using-multiple-hard-drives-windows-10