The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10: Battery Dies, was replaced, now cant restore: LOOPING
Good Afternoon All:

I have a HP Pavilion G6 Laptop, from approximately 2012.  This laptop was updated from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home in 2016 I Believe.  My Buddy asked me to wipe it and reinstall fresh in Early 2017, before he moved to another state.  Last couple of months, the battery has been getting weaker and weaker, and I had to help my buddy reset the machine to the most current restore point before the computer went down.  

The First time we did this, the machine was able to restore to 12/22/18 - Everything worked well for a week or so, and then, he shut it off, and when trying to restart, he found the battery went flat, and died, and we replaced the battery.  Now, he tries to repair the install, and he gets the following messages:

One:  saying that: "D:\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted"  AND

Two:  "E:\windows\system32\logfiles\Srt\SRTTrack.txt\bootres.dll is corrupted"

He sent me the machine last week, so I have it here in Vermont, USA - I can see all his Data, and he has added more to D\Users\PAA\ since I did a fresh install - The laptop has shutdown twice today, complaining that the machine was "too hot."

I have Tried:

Boot to Auto Repair (FAILED) bootdes.dll Corrupted - Boot just loops
Boot Normal Mode (Continue to Windows 10)  (FAILED)
Boot to Safe Mode (No Networking)  (FAILED)
System Restore (FAIL:  Cant Remember the Error code given)
Boot to Safe Mode With Networking (FAILED)
Boot Win 10PE

chkdsk /f /r /x (per Britec  video)  (No Problems Detected)
sfc /scannow /offdir=D:\ /offwindir=D:\windows (FAIL - Nonsense about not being able to perform this action and that there seems to be NOTHING wrong)
dism (FAIL - (FAIL - Nonsense about not being able to perform this action)
copying a fresh bootdes,dll to D:\boot\resources\custom\"  (Complains Directory does NOT exist, so I made it and placed it there - still problems)

Isn't there a way to BYPASS all this Bull and get RIGHT to safe Mode in Minimal configuration?  Can't we FORCE this bootres.dll to behave?  

ALL his DATA and files are in D:\ - which is where the windows install is:  I wish that there was a more POWERFUL and USEFUL **beep** Utility that will check this and fix it without causing the whole machine to be unstable, and the machine does NOT boot - Safe Mode is supposed to get you there, but I cant even run Safe Mode, all I have is command prompt.

Can someone help with this??

Brian
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us

Messages In This Thread
Windows 10: Battery Dies, was replaced, now cant restore: LOOPING - baker7 - 02-04-2019, 06:50 PM