Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10: Battery Dies, was replaced, now cant restore: LOOPING
Good Morning Compton:

I would like to first THANK you for all of your help.  I also want you to know that I have taken ALL of the files from the affected HDD and moved them to a stick - I was instructed to junk the machine, because she is so HOT - I am not sure if there will EVER be an easy way to fix windows 10 - It wants to perform a "repair" and wont stop, so I used "bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal" and then used BCD to turn OFF the autorepair.  This way, I was able to successfully boot to Win10PE, even though it keeps saying it wants to repair the file.  Is it ALWAYS a failure to replace DLL files??  Seems like a waste of time to even try when something is not where it is supposed to be.  Set this way, AT LEAST I CAN command a boot of win10PE.

Second:  I am going to TRY to make a Multiboot USB with:

Windows 10
Windows 10 PE
Hirens Boot CD
Kaspersky Rescue Disc 10
Linux (Jessie at the moment)

How Big of a USB would I need to get this done?  I don't want to be in a position when I cannot repair a machine:  I also don't want to JUNK a machine because windows wont repair or help replace bad files - I find that the drive seems OK, but I think an update may have moved the bootres.dll file, because it was NOT in D:\boot\Resources\Custom, or in \windows\system32\

Thanks for the help!

Brian B.
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows 10: Battery Dies, was replaced, now cant restore: LOOPING - baker7 - 02-11-2019, 01:37 PM