Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Settings Menu
I was recently given a Packard Bell laptop and when I right click the bottom left icon it shows Settings but when I click it nothing comes up, also when I right click to go to personalize there is no menu there, is all lost or is there something I can do, I am a member but have been working alot so have not been here in a while, good to see all of you, anyway does anyone have a clue where I can start.
[Image: ykVBGU.jpg]

Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.

is the computer refurbished or new when bought?

(02-09-2019, 09:43 AM)WinXPto10 Wrote:  is the computer refurbished or new when bought?

New

(02-08-2019, 05:46 AM)Compton Wrote:  Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.

OK I tried that pal and still nothing, I am trying to get the original media but I am not sure if I can

Try creating a new account and see if the issue arises in that account if so you may have to try a repair install.

If the problem is only with that account, depending on the amount of data wanted saving it may be easier to copy the data and transfer to the new account.