• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10: Windows Store App closes IMMEDIATELY when launched
Compton and Paul:

Thank You for your information Smile

Brian B.

Compton and Paul:

Dism Scan completed successfully -

WSReset was successful:

HOWEVER: the app barcode generator STILL refuses to launch and closes after 4 seconds

Brian
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us

ok is the barcode app install on the computer?

ok let's  Re-register the windows store 'open  PowerShell  as admin

Code:
Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Compton:

Yes, It appears that Barcode Generator is installed on my machine:  Powershell command you requested is being run right now:  I will post again when it completes Smile

Brian B.

Compton:

A lot of this completed successfully, but there is a sea of RED on my PS console: should we do this another way??

Brian B.
Code:
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use.
error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.10.7.17134_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] bd55dd79-c93f-0002-167c-56bd3fc9d401 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID bd55dd79-c93f-0002-167c-56bd3fc9d401
At line:1 char:28
+ ...  | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCom​mand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use.
error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.ZuneMusic_10.19011.11311.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] bd55dd79-c93f-0000-b4ab-56bd3fc9d401 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID bd55dd79-c93f-0000-b4ab-56bd3fc9d401
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCom​mand

error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.ZuneMusic_10.19011.11311.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] bd55dd79-c93f-0000-56d4-56bd3fc9d401 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID bd55dd79-c93f-0000-56d4-56bd3fc9d401
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> notepad
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2019.18114.17710.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] bd55dd79-c93f-0004-578a-56bd3fc9d401 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID bd55dd79-c93f-0004-578a-56bd3fc9d401

error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.17134.112_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txye​wy.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] bd55dd79-c93f-0000-fddb-56bd3fc9d401 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID bd55dd79-c93f-0000-fddb-56bd3fc9d401
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2019.18114.17710.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] bd55dd79-c93f-0000-75ed-56bd3fc9d401 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID bd55dd79-c93f-0000-75ed-56bd3fc9d401

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] bd55dd79-c93f-0000-e2ed-56bd3fc9d401 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID bd55dd79-c93f-0000-e2ed-56bd3fc9d401

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] bd55dd79-c93f-0004-0eb8-56bd3fc9d401 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID bd55dd79-c93f-0004-0eb8-56bd3fc9d401

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>
Brian S. Baker
buddy-baker.us

ok restart the system in clean boot

then run the command

Compton:

I do not know if this thing is working the way it is supposed to: ran this twice: Did "clean boot" and in Safe Mode - the command would NOT run in safe mode, and I don't think you can get a state when you don't have to turn on and off processes and services every reboot: Second run of this command netted THIS:

Code:
Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it
modifies are currently in use.
error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed
Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.39.180.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 51dfb6aa-caac-0004-abc7-df51accad401 in the Event Log or use
the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 51dfb6aa-caac-0004-abc7-df51accad401

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it
error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 51dfb6aa-caac-0004-b4c7-df51accad401 in the Event Log or use
the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 51dfb6aa-caac-0004-b4c7-df51accad401

Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.10.7.17134_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 51dfb6aa-caac-0004-fbc7-df51accad401 in the Event Log or use
the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 51dfb6aa-caac-0004-fbc7-df51accad401

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 51dfb6aa-caac-0004-88e0-df51accad401 in the Event Log or use
the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 51dfb6aa-caac-0004-88e0-df51accad401

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Awaiting further instructions Smile

Brian B.
Brian S. Baker
buddy-baker.us

1. ok uninstall  barcode app
  2. select terminate
  3. then select reset
  4. reinstall barcode app

what is the name of the barcode app?

Compton:

The app is called "barcode generator" and is NOW uninstalled, so I cannot terminate it - Here is a picture of what it is:

awaiting further instructions Smile

Brian B.
Brian S. Baker
buddy-baker.us

ok reinstall  "barcode generator if it closes immediately  after  launch

go into  advanced option of  barcode generator select reset

then try to launch it if closes immediately

I think we will have  to look at your  video driver because the app supports 2D

generated   barcodes

which could be why the app is closing on   launch

This problem looks similar to the time I installed the game CUPHEAD from the windows store. It failed after 4 seconds and disappeared with no errors

The solution, you will be sorry to hear, was to be signed in to my microsoft account permanently on this computer. In the end it was the only way to run the game, and as a result I no longer run my local account.

Compton:

I HATE MICROSOFT STORE: they make us use all of their apps, yet, I HAVE TO BE logged in as a Microsoft account, and even when I was, there is no way to stop this app from just starting and shutting down......then I find that EVERYTHING I have on the account that is associated with the Microsoft Account downloads to the PC I am logged into (meaning: Favorites, desktops, pictures) and it seems that there is NO WAY to fix this other then a

FORMAT C: /U/Q

This sucks - I have done everything you asked, and I still cant get this to run, even when I made a NEW MS account, and she still starts and shuts down: is there a tool that will allow this thing to run - we have already spent lots of time running scans to no avail: I have this app working on 3 machines out of 4, but not on my main machine - may have to reformat to get this to work ;(

damn ms Sad

Brian
Brian S. Baker
buddy-baker.us