The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard Drives not picked up in Windows or Bios
Hi all Brian if you are here,

I help with an issue with my hard drives, basically I brought a new Hard Drive to replace one as the current one was getting full as I use this for storage purposes with important data.
I was going to use an Sata Adapter in the hope to get to the drive to transfer the data off, but the adapter is not working so I've ordered a new one on its way on Monday.

So I tried another method in the meantime that was to to remove one of my hard drives and plug this new one but I decided to to wait for the adapter.   So it was a simple case of re-connecting my hard drive and should be back to normal.  Well I've ran into a problem!  For some or known reason Windows hasn't picked up my 3 other drives with important data nor it does not seen in my bios:

(Screen shot bellow)

I've tried everything known to man by re-connecting the cables because I know Sata drives are a fiddle to get working, but nothing, I've tried connecting another power cable from my PSU still the same job.

My Motherboard ithe Asus P8 Z77-VLX if that helps you, so any ideas on what this is?  I've also ordered new Sata Cables to see if this is the problem, but so far I'm stumped, any ideas would be great!

Many thanks!
Rob

[Image: 20190223_205136.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Hard Drives not picked up in Windows or Bios - RobCharles1981 - 02-23-2019, 09:06 PM